XWOM Client [version 2.1]

XWOM Client [version 2.1]

Postby dzienny » 29 Sep 2012, 03:38

Image XWOM Client

XWOM Client is a program that let's you connect to minecraft servers and provides hacks like flying and fast movement. It is a wrapper that requires the orginal WoM Client to run. If you don't have the original WoM Client yet you can download it from http://www.worldofminecraft.com .

*HelloWordCool redesigned the logo! (Now there's the name printed.)

Install guide

Java6 is required to run Minecraft Classic. Java7 will probably not let you connect to any servers.
You can download Java6 from: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

Windows: .Net Framework 3.5 is required to run XWOM. It's installed in Windows 7 by default, if you have other version you may have to install .Net 3.5 yourself. At the bottom of the post is the link to XWOM installation. After you downloaded XWOM, copy it to the current WoM Client directory and then start it. Also, check out YouTube videos on how to install xwom.

Download for Linux/Mac:
The version for Linux and MacOS is in a separate thread.

WHAT'S NEW

Version 2.1

- fixes the login error.

Version 2.0

- detects and uses Java6 to run XWoM, if it doesn't find the Java6 it prompts the user to install it. This way while having both Java6 and Java7 installed, you should still be able to run the program,
- an error was fixed that prevented XWoM from being run on some computers.

Version 1.9

- by default noclip is turned on. It means if the server has no special tags (like -hax or -noclip) then you can walk through blocks.
- the length of the chat message is set to 64 characters for everyone. It's a feature mainly for mojang accounts, but others may benefit as well. The classic minecraft limits the length of your chat according to the equation: = 62-players_name_length , so if someone has a long name then he has to write shorter messages. But not anymore ;)
- minor fixes.

Version 1.8

- the client works even if wom classic server is down,
- minor bug fixes.

Version 1.7

- music was restored,
- authentication process was enhanced (it should take a little less time and if worldofminecraft.net doesn't respond it proceeds to the serverlist anyway).

Version 1.6

- sounds were restored,
- a local connection field was added to the login window. In order to use it, you have to host the server on the same machine you run XWOM, then you can just input the port number to connect to it,
- speed hacks little fix.

Version 1.5

- hacks are enabled by default, it means as long as the server doesn't specify -hax, -speed etc.
- tags (+hax, -hax, +speed, -speed, +fly, -fly, +noclip, -noclip, +ophax) are now checked each time the player changes a map! It means that you can specify maps where the hacks are enabled/dispabled by changing the map MOTD,
- the login and the server list window are displayed in the Windows taskbar,
- a normal server link (such as: http://minecraft.net/classic/play/...) can be used in the login window,
- the game client window size is, again, saved on exit,
- a progressbar for files deployment.

Version 1.4

- one file, Windows easy deployment and start,
- player's skins are showed again,
- when hax are turned off, the player's movement is same with the orginal minecraft client.

Version 1.3

- 64bit fix? I can't really test it, but I think it should fix the problem.

Version 1.2

- a complete server list,
- it's now possible to connect to the server via http://minecraft.net/classic/play/ link,
- improved logging algorithm,
- start arguments same as in the web version (for wom.bat),
- more notifications, e.g. "Connection problem: minecraft.net is not responding."

DOWNLOAD
* If you find a bug, please post about it in this thread.
Attachments
XWoM_v2.1.zip
The better WOM client.
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 4014 times
XWoM_v2.0.zip
The old version of XWOM
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 7550 times
XWoM_v1.9.zip
The old version of XWOM
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 7601 times
dzienny
Administrator

Re: XWOM Client [version 2.0]

Postby dzienny » 12 Apr 2013, 15:52

If you encounter any errors or have any problems please post about them in this thread. Also, include as many information as possible such as for example your Windows version, Java version, error message etc.

If you are looking for MacOs/Linux version it can be found here.

The old posts were split into a new thread.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Apocalypsing » 13 Apr 2013, 14:57

The client freezes often for me, usually when using the resume button to rejoin a server, or switching worlds when I'm already on a server. Tried to run through command line and got this (I'm on Windows 7 64-bit):

Code: Select all
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\
native\windows\lwjgl.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bi
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:69)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Meth
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:129)
        at com.mojang.minecraft.l.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I hope this can be easily fixed... Would like to use Wom again as other alternative classic clients don't work well.
Apocalypsing

Postby dzienny » 13 Apr 2013, 15:13

What version of Java do you use? Also, does it freeze and then start working again, or you have to restart the client?
You can create the bat file with the following content and place it in xwom directory:
Code: Select all
javaw -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false -Xmx800M -jar lib/Starter.jar

If your problem is related to a graphic card, driver etc., then it may solve it.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Jonbear99 » 16 Apr 2013, 20:20

i downloaded it what next? it saved as compressed zip but i cant extract?????? i need help
Jonbear99

Postby dzienny » 16 Apr 2013, 22:01

@Jonbear99
I think you should check out YouTube. There are some nice videos about "How to install xwom". If after watching them you still have a problem feel free to ask here.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Jonty800 » 21 Apr 2013, 21:54

Dev, please note that WoM's texture server has recently been removed, thus creating a bug inside ProxySocketChannel.java (See line ~555, downloadSkin();)

Since the url http://files.worldofminecraft.com/skin.php no longer exists, the textures are being downloaded as html, causing xWoM / WoM to whitescreen if the texture caches do not exist, which in return makes your client unusable.
Jonty800

Postby Warren1001 » 21 Apr 2013, 22:44

I have somewhat of a slower computer, so I try to resize xWoM to a smaller size. The problem is it makes the cursor off-center, making me place a block on a block that I am not facing. I'm not sure if its a MC Classic glitch, if it can be fixed with xWoM, if it could be fixed, I would appreciate it. I have to stick with 30-40 fps with normal fog on.
Warren1001

Postby Jonty800 » 21 Apr 2013, 22:44

Nevermind, someone I know asked for the problem to be fixed, and WoM fixed it. Skin server is now working, as are textures.
Jonty800

Postby dzienny » 24 Apr 2013, 11:10

@Jonty800 Thank you for the information. It's very valuable. I would never notice this problem as I have custom textures turned off. I'm glad that the service is working again. Still I'm going to improve the client to make it handle the problem.

@Warren1001
You can try to resize the client, close it and run again, then it should be aligned properly. I'm not sure, but it's possible that there is a minimum size requirement that is checked on start. If yes, I may remove this limit; it shouldn't cause any problems.
dzienny
Administrator

Next

Return to General