Downloading and Installing

Downloading and Installing

Postby dzienny » 24 Jan 2011, 19:37

DOWNLOAD:
11.1.1 FULL VERSION
- changelog

NEW!!DOWNLOAD: MCDzienny Presets!
Compatible with MCDzienny 11.7.1.0 and made by HelloWorldCool.

INFO & SETUP:

Works for Windows, Linux (mono) and MacOS (mono).
For Windows it requires .Net Framework 3.5 to run.
The program is based on MCLawl.

Installing 'n' setting up MCDzienny:
0. If you are using Windows make sure you have .Net Framework 3.5 installed. If you are using Linux and MacOs then install Mono.
1. Download the latest version of MCDzienny.
2. Then unpack mcdzienny.rar where you like (e.g. Desktop).
3. Open 'server.properties' file that is located in 'Properties' folder. Preferably use Notepad for that.
4. Now go to "#Server options" and set your server name and your 'motd' (motto of the day, message that shows during loading) but keep the "&0 -hax +ophax" part because it disallows players from using hacks. Also set number of players and other things you like to change. Read the description at the top of 'server.properties' it should explain a lot.
5. If you use a router make sure the chosen port (default in MCDzienny: 25565) is portforwarded!
6. Next add your minecraft name to 'uberOps.txt' that is located in 'Ranks' folder. From now on you are the SuperOp of the server. :)
7. Time to start the server now! Run MCDzienny.exe.
8. Now when your server is running log into it. For that purpose use this adress: http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?ip=12 ... port=25565
9. Nice! You have finished the basic installation process :)

I still work on developing MCDzienny and making it better. You have to know that coding takes a lot of time so please be patient. If you meet any errors let me know by posting the error log in Bug section of the Forum. I will examine it for sure.

Hope you enjoy!
-Dzienny
Last edited by dzienny on 17 Feb 2013, 12:24, edited 30 times in total.
dzienny
Administrator

Re: Downloading and Installing

Postby dzienny » 24 Jan 2011, 21:35

Phase 2.

Setting up lava maps.

By default you have 3 lava maps installed, and they switch automatically. They are stored in 'lava/maps' folder. If you want to add a new map, first you have to create it. Use /newlvl command. For example '/newlvl lava_doom 64 64 64 flat'. Then edit map to fit your expectations. Remember about setting spawn point '/setspawn' and putting op_air around it. That's because op_air is lava proof. Use /z op_air or /replace air op_air. Make sure it is done for every map, so that no player is spawned in lava when he logs in. It is important because loging in into the lava triggers a bug. Note that it concerns only log in persons and is easy to avoid by setting op_air around spawn. Also it's good to set zone at upmost layer of the map, so that noone can block lava from spreading. For this place blocks in the up corners of the map, (using for example /place) and then use '/zone add super'. Protection added. Note that lava ignore zones so it will spread everywhere ^^ Find now some place to set it as lava source block. Preferably somewhere in upmost layer, that's because lava goes down, not up. Place a block in that place, then use /about on this block and write down the position given. You can remove this block now. You got all information, so save map using '/save lava' command. It will save the map under the name it was created. Go now to the 'lava' folder and open 'maps.txt' . Add the name of your lava map to the list and put there coordinates of the lava source. Save file.

In order to let MCDzienny know you have added a new map use command '/setlava reload'. If you want to go to the new map right away to test it just use '/setlava next' untill you get there.

You can also set time to start of lava flood by /cdown [time in min.] and you can set time left to end of the round by /tleft [time in min.]. You can also stop timers /cdown stop and /tleft stop.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Wouto1997 » 25 Jan 2011, 20:21

Cool going to download and try it :)

EDIT: +Cool First message :D
Wouto1997

Postby dzienny » 26 Jan 2011, 00:20

Wouto1997 wrote:Cool going to download and try it :)

EDIT: +Cool First message :D

Lol, hope you get like it! :)
dzienny
Administrator

Postby vanjavk » 31 Jan 2011, 11:56

doing so much work and then give it away for free?? well okey xD, and continue working on it
vanjavk

Postby dzienny » 03 Feb 2011, 14:25

I have some ideas how to develop it further, it's a matter of time and willingness ;)
dzienny
Administrator

Postby yoda » 10 Mar 2011, 16:21

i like this gametype, but i have a question. Wut blocks burn. I only see that like 2 blocks burn then break. It would be a lot funner if u made all blocks burn and break at different times. if they do, then idk why my dont. wood+grass and planks break which i like. glass turns to coal. and dirt turns to brick. but they never go anywhere from there so its really easy to survive.

Also i really have tried removing the (MCDzienny) thing, i understand why its there, so we cant remove your credit, but i added go to www.mcdzienny.cba.pl for this gametype in game, but cant remove the name of it at the end.

Im also working on a new world, and if u would like it, i could post the files here.
yoda

Postby bigboldbrave » 23 Mar 2011, 01:30

Why isnt my server public?
bigboldbrave

Postby dzienny » 04 Apr 2011, 09:00

bigboldbrave wrote:Why isnt my server public?

That's probably because your ports are blocked, so you have to do port forwarding.

You may find some useful information there:
http://forums.mclawl.tk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1205
http://portforward.com
dzienny
Administrator

Postby javacke » 08 Apr 2011, 02:45

Everytime i name it it shows as "Lava Survival" no matter watever i name it as. this just started happening! it worked awesome before!
i have another server that works perfectly! Please help! D:
javacke

Next

Return to Download & Changelog