Can you do, Lava, freebuild AND Zombie server ?

Can you do, Lava, freebuild AND Zombie server ?

Postby DavidinCT » 09 Sep 2016, 13:58

Hey all,

Hope someone sees this and welcome back. I was wondering, Can I setup MCDzienny to do all 3 ?

Figuring I wanted to do some updates and adding a Zombie feature would be kind of cool. Not sure if it will be used but, worth a shot if possable.
DavidinCT

Re: Can you do, Lava, freebuild AND Zombie server ?

Postby _Retaliate_ » 26 Oct 2016, 17:12

DavidinCT wrote:Hey all,

Hope someone sees this and welcome back. I was wondering, Can I setup MCDzienny to do all 3 ?

Figuring I wanted to do some updates and adding a Zombie feature would be kind of cool. Not sure if it will be used but, worth a shot if possable.

Each instance of MCDzienny can only do one mode at a time, so you would have to run three separate instances of MCDzienny if you wanted to do all 3 modes.
_Retaliate_

Postby DavidinCT » 08 Jan 2017, 18:58

_Retaliate_ wrote:
DavidinCT wrote:Hey all,

Each instance of MCDzienny can only do one mode at a time, so you would have to run three separate instances of MCDzienny if you wanted to do all 3 modes.

How do I run a separate instance ? Is this just running another install just set to Zombie ? IF so, how is this done so it works on one server ? I want users to be able to come and select Zombie OR Lava or Freebuild with out leaving the game to go.
DavidinCT

Postby HelloWorldCool » 11 Jan 2017, 04:12

Hi DavidinCT,

In order to run 2 servers you would need to portforward twice.
If you have already portforwarded the first port using the 25565 slot then you may only need to choose 1 more port such as 25566 to portforward.
Change the port to 25566(or whatever you decided on) in your second server's settings and enjoy! ;)

Warning(s):
Spoiler:
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby DavidinCT » 19 Mar 2017, 21:46

HelloWorldCool wrote:Hi DavidinCT,

In order to run 2 servers you would need to portforward twice.
If you have already portforwarded the first port using the 25565 slot then you may only need to choose 1 more port such as 25566 to portforward.
Change the port to 25566(or whatever you decided on) in your second server's settings and enjoy! ;)

Ok, As some people on my server asked me about it... and my Portal will have to be updated.... Not worried about the port forwarding thing and I fully understand it, this is on a 2008R2 server, the resources are so small, it's not a big deal even running 2 or 3 would not impact the other apps running on the server. I have been running it like this for years now :)

My Current server is running Freebuild and Lava, so I am assuming by adding a server, I would be running 2 copies of this software with my current one running Free and lava with another one running Zombie. In a nut shell, running them both on the same server running them both on different ports...seems easy enough..

Here's the deal. I want it accessible via the primary server I don't want a 2nd server listed in ClassicCube or to anyone to be able to access it directly (accept me on my local lan)

So, based on this, is it still possible ? Is there a way to use chat between the 2 ? How can I create a /portal from the main server to the 2nd server ?

Checking through the logs, when there is a few people on my server, the chat is always used. This is also between free build and Lava... I would like to keep the chat working across all if possible.

Or are they run as completely different servers with no way to connect both of them ?

Thanks for your help here, would love to see this come true.
DavidinCT

Postby HelloWorldCool » 21 Mar 2017, 04:16

No implementation
Spoiler:

Note: Game-modes/worlds are separate from one another so the chat in each will not overlap. Thus, the only way to see all the chat is through the console or have only one game mode running.

Running Lava, Freebuild, and Zombie is not implemented but the workaround solution is running Lava and Freebuild mode and then setting up a portal in freebuild map(24/7 loaded) that loads a zombie map on the same server and sends a player there. The game will check every 5 min for enough players and will automatically begin when there are(input the start command in the zombie maps config).

Hope this was somewhat useful.
Let me know if you need any more help.

HelloWorldCool
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby Ultima » 23 May 2017, 14:25

HelloWorldCool wrote:Hi DavidinCT,
-I would recommend that you meet these minimum requirements for smooth playing experience:
at least 4 GB RAM
Intel Core i5 or better
24 GB Disk Space

aBlockz runed 2 servers on a potato and it was running just fine. :mrgreen:

DavidinCT wrote:Hope someone sees this and welcome back. I was wondering, Can I setup MCDzienny to do all 3 ?

You need 3 instances then.
Ultima

Postby DavidinCT » 21 Jun 2017, 19:21

HelloWorldCool wrote:No implementation
Spoiler:

Note: Game-modes/worlds are separate from one another so the chat in each will not overlap. Thus, the only way to see all the chat is through the console or have only one game mode running.

Running Lava, Freebuild, and Zombie is not implemented but the workaround solution is running Lava and Freebuild mode and then setting up a portal in freebuild map(24/7 loaded) that loads a zombie map on the same server and sends a player there. The game will check every 5 min for enough players and will automatically begin when there are(input the start command in the zombie maps config).

Hope this was somewhat useful.
Let me know if you need any more help.

HelloWorldCool

Has anyone really attempted this before with a almost seamless setup on one physical server ?

There is still a lot of users, I guess a lot these days are about 10-15 at at time, some days even more (normally when I connect during the day there is normally 1-3 people on) sometimes on my server and I want it to be used as portal. You come to one server and select your game and play.

My main server runs Freebuild and Lava with a portal. I would like to add-on to this portal and make a Zombie maps accessible.

I just run a 2nd server on my server, just Zombie on a different port. No chat will work ( MEGA :( )but, will there be a way for people to go to Zombie and go back to the main portal with "appearing to never" leave the server ?

Do you have any ideas on where I clan learn to write a custom command that is similar to /goto or /fetch ? And if I could get that far, how are these commands used to make the "jump" back and forth so it appears all seamless on my server ?

I understand the basics here but, how to actually make the portals to jump back and forth is where I am completely lost.

BTW for people who are asking, the server it's on is DL380G7 with 12 cores on a VM that shares with a low volume Exchange server. The power is there to run quite a server *IF* I wanted to.
DavidinCT

Return to Help