Duplicate Ranks

Duplicate Ranks

Postby Silvergem » 12 Dec 2011, 00:54

Hey,

Does anyone know how to fix a rank(builder) showing up multiple times(twice)? I've done everything to try to remove this rank from renaming it to shutting down the server and almost reloading the whole thing. Whenever players try to buy this rank they are deranked back 2 ranks to the original builder rank. When I do try to rename or remove the rank through the console, it all goes right until I click apply. The rank appears again. There is another rank that does this called SuperOp but I just have people ignore it. But if I just skip the apply and go to save, it says "Cannot add the rank Builder twice".
Someone came online earlier said they helped another server (HelloWorldCool's server?) out with their bugs, I gave him my problem and he started to name out some solutions. None of those solutions worked. I've been able to avoid this by taking away the player's money (crystals) and manually ranking them past builder rank #2. It's gotten to the point where I can't always be there to rank them, although I am usually on a lot.

If you can, Please help.

- Silvergem, of YouCraft Lava Survival
Silvergem

Re: Duplicate Ranks

Postby HelloWorldCool » 12 Dec 2011, 03:34

Silvergem wrote:Hey,

Does anyone know how to fix a rank(builder) showing up multiple times(twice)? I've done everything to try to remove this rank from renaming it to shutting down the server and almost reloading the whole thing. Whenever players try to buy this rank they are deranked back 2 ranks to the original builder rank. When I do try to rename or remove the rank through the console, it all goes right until I click apply. The rank appears again. There is another rank that does this called SuperOp but I just have people ignore it. But if I just skip the apply and go to save, it says "Cannot add the rank Builder twice".
Someone came online earlier said they helped another server (HelloWorldCool's server?) out with their bugs, I gave him my problem and he started to name out some solutions. None of those solutions worked. I've been able to avoid this by taking away the player's money (crystals) and manually ranking them past builder rank #2. It's gotten to the point where I can't always be there to rank them, although I am usually on a lot.

If you can, Please help.

- Silvergem, of YouCraft Lava Survival

I'm pretty confused on when somebody helped my server??? Nobody has helped me with my server personally... I'm not too sure who you are referencing but i can help you out.

First: I'm not entirely sure what your problem is...
Second: If it's you can't delete a specific rank post screen shots; i will take a look.
Third: If it's absolutely frustrating tomorrow you can pm me and i can help through remote host.
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby Silvergem » 12 Dec 2011, 04:44

Hey,

Umm, sorry I threw in that reference to your server (must of been confused myself). I tried to explain the problem the best I could. Basically I have a rank that I would like to remove but for some reason is in the server twice and cannot be removed with anything I have tried. I've been quite busy lately so I don't really know of a good time to sit down and work with it.

But thanks for the help.

-Silvergem
Silvergem

Postby creativemagic » 12 Dec 2011, 19:47

I had the exact same problem, it's quite difficult to fix but, if i can do it so can you. Im not sure how I did it but I can tell you things I tried, first go on the second builder rank and change the Rank name to something else. Next change the permissions so there are no two ranks with the same permissions. Then change the file name to something else also then make sure nothing is the same and then apply. after messing with it a bit it should work.
Owner of...
[Exclusive] Lava Survival
creativemagic

Postby Silvergem » 12 Dec 2011, 20:58

Hey,

You have just listed almost everything I have tried. It allows me to change it all but when I save nothing happens, it returns back to the original problem. It could of been when I had changed the ranks before when a friend suggested it.

Thanks for the help.

-Silvergem
Silvergem

Postby HelloWorldCool » 13 Dec 2011, 00:20

Silvergem wrote:Hey,

Umm, sorry I threw in that reference to your server (must of been confused myself). I tried to explain the problem the best I could. Basically I have a rank that I would like to remove but for some reason is in the server twice and cannot be removed with anything I have tried. I've been quite busy lately so I don't really know of a good time to sit down and work with it.

But thanks for the help.

-Silvergem

Ok, based on what you have said here you tried to remove a rank in the GUI but it failed or didn't save correctly.

Possible Explanation: It could just be a bug.

What's my opinion?: I think for now you should manually remove the rank.
Steps For Manual Removing

1) Make Sure Server is fully stopped.
2) Open Windows Explorer
3) Go to the Root of where "MCDziennyLava.exe" is placed
4) Click the "properties" folder.
5) Open "ranks.properties" with notepad

====WayAround====
5a) If you rename "ranks.properties" to 'ranks.txt' it will work. But you need to do another step
5b) Open "ranks.txt" Edit and Remove the rank Builder.
5c) Click File, Save As... 'ranks.properties' and make sure to select for Save as Type: All Files
====VeryOptional====

6) Edit and Remove the rank Builder.
7) Save and Exit.
8) Test it out! :D

Hope this helps! :)

P.S. This has never happened to me before for the ranks tab...although in this version the 'Misc 3 Tab' does not save... :|
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby Silvergem » 13 Dec 2011, 02:37

Hey,

There must be something wrong with what I did because the solution you gave didn't work. The rank is still there--pesky little thing... I did everything you told me, have I skipped a step?

I don't know what else to try.

-Silvergem
Silvergem

Postby Silvergem » 13 Dec 2011, 02:58

Hey,

Problem solved, I renamed it one last time through all the properties. It worked.

Thanks for the awesome help!!

-Silvergem
Silvergem

Return to Closed Bugs