Windows 10: A New World...

Windows 10: A New World...

Postby HelloWorldCool » 29 Jul 2015, 03:30

Fireworks! ** WowWee! **

Despite all of the excitement it may be wise for you to pass up this offer and NOT update to Windows 10. Man(as well as Mario) has not yet ventured into World 10 and we don't know what's waiting for us in this new world. I won't be making the decision though. That choice is completely up to you. All I know is I won't be updating just yet.

As many of you probably know by now, critics have been saying that the number one problem for this update is that it requires you to enable automatic window updates and you will not be able to disable them. If you're already stuck with W10, I wish you good luck. The only known solution is to hide updates as they come; not sure if this will work through the default windows update center however... (http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft- ... 0-updates/)

The second big, big change coming is Microsoft would like to make W10 the Standard OS of the future(if possible with respect to time). What the heck does that mean? One word: STABLE. With the likelihood of there being beta-builds in between months like GoogleChrome beta-builds. Of course, right? Although I have to admit this idea is great, if we're going to be stuck with the generic name Windows 10 for the next couple decades it's going to sound slightly edgy; oh not to mention Microsoft Edge replacing Internet Explorer just sounds so much worse, naming-wise. Plus, there are just too many graphic icons and buttons interfaced in the browser which make things hard for simple users. I think Windows Stable or even Windows (S) would sound better than Windows 10.

What do you think?
Check out Windows 10 for yourself:
ImageWindows 10 is coming July 29, 2015. Microsoft has announced that Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Users will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

Cheers,
HelloWorldCool
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Re: Windows 10; Update 2016...

Postby HelloWorldCool » 19 Jul 2016, 04:57

It's been almost a whole year... and for those of you who still have not converted to Windows 10 either because you're procrastinating or just haven't had the time... Congratulations! <ok>

Image Credit to PC World: In small letters, reads; There are catches of course

Anyway, if you are still considering the benefits and losses of upgrading I would advise against updating to Windows 10, in fact previous versions of Windows such as 7/8.1 may be more stable and less resource extensive than 10 which has apps running in the background like crazy. The problem is that Windows already multi-tasks with a bunch of other stuff and can't take on extra crazy data like our smart phones can, partially due to the fact that Android and IOS devices are much smaller and do not have many unique functions/processes to customize. Not to mention, they receive much less necessary updates(with Android Marshmallow just coming out recently and IOS 9 last year; IOS 10 coming out in 2 months): so about 1 - 2 per year.

So go on ahead and take advantage of getting a new free pc if you can... but you might want to keep that old pc just in case Microsoft decides to take over the world with Skynet. :twisted:

Cheers,
HelloWorldCool
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Return to Off-Topic