Um... Hey

Um... Hey

Postby lucasds12 » 29 Jan 2015, 00:22

Hi guys, if anyone remembers me and if no does remember me, I am lucasds12, I have stood around this software for 1 year approximately (probably not) and I left for around 8-9 months and if you remember me then that's cool and I just want to say um... like hello and the reason why I have been gone is because MInecraft Classic sort of died out, it was fun for a while and I can't believe classic has devolved to this, remember in 2012 when aBlockz, Timed, BlockTopia and all the other servers were around and they reached 30-40 players a day? I don't know but it is weird to see this page again and seeing how freaking dead it is now, ismellike has disappeared, Conor has disappeared in the middle of nowhere, possibly my favorite moderator. _Ultima_ has left around a year ago and see.. he was the inspiration for me to actually join this website and he made me feel like a real MInecraft Classicer (if that is a word) and joppiesaus has recently retired from moderator and it's just everything that could of possibly not happened did happen. I am glad that the community is somehow just still alive but it kind of saddens the crap out of me to know that MInecraft Classic has only around 30-50 players a day and my favorite servers are just gone and the thing is... MInecraft Premium has risen higher then MInecraft Classic so I decided to play it and while I was mining in a faction server, my brain started to think about the fact that MInecraft Classic is dead and I should come back and help the community and that is exactly what I am going to do.

I am sorry for my long rant, I am joining back into the community and let's make MInecraft Classic a good place to be again :)
There is only one thing I do in life, that's contributing here.
lucasds12

Re: Um... Hey

Postby HelloWorldCool » 03 Feb 2015, 08:04

...No need to apologize.

As you said, the MCDzienny team has been inactive. Even dzienny has realized this.
Yes, classic is basically gone now.

Your efforts to help classic may be great, however that may not change anything.
I think the days of playing classic actively is over. The time for remembrance begins now.
If only someone were to make a website called the Museum of Minecraft Classic.
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby HETAL » 09 Feb 2015, 02:12

Classic has died
ClassiCube is dying
Chess is rising
YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST OF ME ISMELLIKE
HETAL

Postby joppiesaus » 18 Feb 2015, 10:59

No need to apologize.
Neat idea, but still, we have to accept that Classic is going nowhere without the help of Mojang.
I mean everything is broken. We can't just start a new server and promote Classic again, that's because it's hard to play on a server if you don't know how to get on one.(I mean I think the clients are buggy, you can't play in your browser, you can't find anything because the whole server list is full of fake ones exploiting the bugs).

I mean a lot has changed. Mojang is part of Microsoft, Notch can afford another curiosity mission, and most importantly, Minecraft and its development grew big.
I mean Classic wasn't designed to be played. It was somesort of an prototype, that you could play in the early days.
It's a little complicated IMO, and I don't know how to finish this post. I do know however that I think Classic is going nowhere.

We can help Minecraft Premium thought. I don't know how, because Minecraft seems to be a buggy unorganized game(because it was never designed to be played with millions of people("Let's create my first commercial game in the attic, but wait I must work two years on a good engine rather than fast feature developing in case millions of people are going to play it"). The past few updates were just engine upgrades. 1.8 took somewhat a year while there were no big new features.
I tried to mod stuff, but I couldn't understand anything, even thought the code was deobfuscated. There's in my eyes not a good place to start modding. I don't like the community either.

I think the best way is just to have fun with Minecraft, if you help people or not.

HelloWorldCool wrote:...

If only someone were to make a website called the Museum of Minecraft Classic.

Great idea
Unfortunately, most of it is lost. I mean screenshots and stuff, and you can't make new ones because yeah... The servers are gone, which practically means *everything* is gone.
It was very fun thought. I like to think about it.

And of course, this is how I think about everything at this very moment.
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Postby Leeizazombie » 20 Feb 2015, 00:52

Well it's a darn unfortunate thing that my hard drive broke... I had at least 2GB of logs and screenshots... :?
Owner of:
LeeIzaZombie Freebuild and Lava Survival V2 (Shut Down and updated)
LeeIzaZombie Survival (Comming back soon)

IRC: irc.geekshed.net, #leeizazombie, #mcclassichosting
Leeizazombie

Postby dzienny » 20 Feb 2015, 23:13

My story starts with MCLawl. It inspired me to learn programming. Initially I was making custom commands for the software. Xban was the first one that I made and it turned out to be very popular. This was encouraging and after the MCLawl team bid farewell and opened the source code I decided to enhance it. Firstly for my own server. I noticed then a request on the MCLawl forum for a lava server. I thought it would be a challenge to make one, yet not overly difficult, so I started working on it. I made it in a few days and named it MCDzienny. I did not expect it to get too much attention, but it did. And I have been regularly upgrading it, while learning how to code. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun at the same time. It definitely helped that there were many people enjoying the software and some of them were even more enthusiastic about it than I was. At a certain point there were over 400 players online playing at over 40 MCDzienny servers. But soon after the Minecraft Classic popularity went downhill - the Mojang removed the link to the classic servers list, the WoM client stopped working, then the Java update broke the web client and finally the servers list got broken and it was never repaired. Currently the Classic is a very niche game. However I still may release some new updates and try new ideas. Now it is more for fun than to learn something new, hence it will happen only occasionally.

Thank you guys for the support and the input you made. It greatly helped in improving the software and shaping it. As you noticed there are not many exciting things happening around here and I cannot promise you any. I hope you got something out of it and if you are leaving, I wish you luck on your future adventures.

That being said, some of you may still be interested in testing out the newest update. Both the Blockmension client and the server were updated, the main change are two new blocks: a blue and a red gel inspired by Portal ;)
dzienny
Administrator

Postby HelloWorldCool » 28 Feb 2015, 01:53

Hooray! Dzienny has arrived.

The Beginning and the End of the story has been told.
A new chapter awaits.

Anyway. Just wanted to update on the musuem idea:

joppiesaus wrote:Unfortunately, most of it is lost. I mean screenshots and stuff, and you can't make new ones because yeah... The servers are gone, which practically means *everything* is gone.

Youtube/Google has lots of images and videos if someone wanted to compile/reference them onto a website.

I am able to recover archived resources as well if you need me. "At least 45,662,856 people have registered on minecraft.net(since October 2012), and 18,699,261 people bought the PC/Mac version of the game."

It's pretty evident people must have played Classic as there are more people(in the past) registered than people who have bought the game. Doesn't mean they will play Classic again, but does mean they will probably show respect and admiration for good old Classic.

RIP Classic! :geek:
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Return to Off-Topic