Classic Might Just Die

Classic Might Just Die

Postby HETAL » 04 Apr 2014, 19:48

https://mojang.com/2014/04/minecraft-1-7-6-pre-release/ According to Mojang, in the newest update, name switching will be available which will allow ban evasions on Classic. As many Classic users use out-dated softwares, they most likely will not be able to switch to the new ban system using account IDs. (This does not effect ClassiCube).
YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST OF ME ISMELLIKE
HETAL

Re: Classic Might Just Die

Postby Leeizazombie » 04 Apr 2014, 19:58

Classic software would probably have to adapt to this service :| But we have to wait and see.
Owner of:
LeeIzaZombie Freebuild and Lava Survival V2 (Shut Down and updated)
LeeIzaZombie Survival (Comming back soon)

IRC: irc.geekshed.net, #leeizazombie, #mcclassichosting
Leeizazombie

Postby dzienny » 04 Apr 2014, 22:23

I don't expect this feature to be a game changer. Name bans will stop to be effective, but still ip bans will be available. Thankfully, a player won't be able to impersonate another player, since it won't be possible to take an already used name. Hence, it's not that critical. I'm actually more concerned about ClassiCube underperformance.

Anyway, it's a very interesting piece of news, thank you for sharing.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby HelloWorldCool » 04 Apr 2014, 23:21

Security wise, If they support name changing that won't be a big deal...
as long as YOU don't change your username.

Dinnerbone wrote:We will enable name changing when we feel that enough users are using 1.8 or higher, so that servers have time to switch to the new player formats. We do not have any details on how name changes will be performed or any restrictions that will be required to actually perform a name change. We want it to be easy and freely available, but we also don’t want people changing their name every 5 minutes!

Time wise, we do not have to worry yet. Hopefully, as dzienny mentioned, ip bans will still stay in place. However, through a little bit of thinking, they may not even be effective at all. Therefore they may be removed as well soon.

How wise? I think Mojang is either randomly assigned numbers to users; or by the original order of their registration on the minecraft website. Ex: If you are the first to register(Notch), your unique ID is 1.

Future wise? I think the commands won't change that much...including the arguments/names.
Why? Because 1.8 probably will include /ban [username(&hiddenID)]. Essentially, it just bans the id.
The only thing I'm worried about here is that this MAY mean that minecraft can only work with internet :!:
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby joppiesaus » 07 Apr 2014, 19:40

I don't think this is a major problem.
Classic(and classicube) is free, so I can always create another account to come in your server. I'll be the default new user! You can change your name, but it would be pointless because you can create another account.
As Dzienny said, IP-Bans still work. So if you just ban by IP... you're sure no-one unwanted will come into your server again(well, not exacly).
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Return to Off-Topic