Minecraft accounts

Minecraft accounts

Postby blade1018 » 04 Aug 2014, 20:35

And I also have a suggestion, any chance you could make it so that you can run minecraft accounts on here as well? :3
Please make the dumb people go away.
blade1018

Re: Blockmension - new client

Postby dzienny » 06 Aug 2014, 15:55

I don't plan to add minecraft.net support, mainly because the server list for minecraft.net is pretty much broken. What's more ClassiCube is more user friendly, as you don't have to buy the game to get a custom skin.
dzienny
Administrator

Re: Minecraft accounts

Postby _Retaliate_ » 08 Aug 2014, 12:19

dzienny wrote:I don't plan to add minecraft.net support, mainly because the server list for minecraft.net is pretty much broken. What's more ClassiCube is more user friendly, as you don't have to buy the game to get a custom skin.

The list is broken, sure, but you could cross-reference the server list from minecraft.net with the one from ClassiCube.
EDIT: I'm working on doing this in C#, you could use it in java by running the program like this: "mlist /o:<filename>" and then the program will put the fixed list into that file.
_Retaliate_

Postby dzienny » 08 Aug 2014, 14:48

_Retaliate_ wrote:The list is broken, sure, but you could cross-reference the server list from minecraft.net with the one from ClassiCube.
EDIT: I'm working on doing this in C#, you could use it in java by running the program like this: "mlist /o:<filename>" and then the program will put the fixed list into that file.

It wouldn't be simple to make it work well, but maybe you can find a good way. However that's not the only reason I didn't add Minecraft authentication, the other one is that ClassiCube accounts are free, while you have to pay for a Minecraft one (or you get a crippled account). And, the classic list is still there, but it may just disappear one day without any warning.

I can't find a good reason not to switch to ClassiCube.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby _Retaliate_ » 08 Aug 2014, 15:56

dzienny wrote:I can't find a good reason not to switch to ClassiCube.

Laziness ;)
_Retaliate_

Postby Leeizazombie » 08 Aug 2014, 18:29

dzienny wrote:I can't find a good reason not to switch to ClassiCube.

One reason is that some people have used their paid or even non paid accounts on servers that support both heartbeats and have a lot of progress such as stats, personal maps and ranks. One thing I did was made a /transfer command that would give all stats to one account from another, but that meant that both accounts needed to be online.
Owner of:
LeeIzaZombie Freebuild and Lava Survival V2 (Shut Down and updated)
LeeIzaZombie Survival (Comming back soon)

IRC: irc.geekshed.net, #leeizazombie, #mcclassichosting
Leeizazombie

Postby HelloWorldCool » 09 Aug 2014, 05:18

_Retaliate_ wrote:
dzienny wrote:I don't plan to add minecraft.net support, mainly because the server list for minecraft.net is pretty much broken. What's more ClassiCube is more user friendly, as you don't have to buy the game to get a custom skin.

The list is broken, sure, but you could cross-reference the server list from minecraft.net with the one from ClassiCube.

Good Luck. As dzienny pointed out the list is broken...

and The list has become wayyy too long. It clearly shows Mojang's attitude toward Classic.

They don't care about Classic. They're going to let it go soon. :geek:
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby dzienny » 09 Aug 2014, 12:38

@Retaliate
I symphatize - I really don't like filling registration forms.

@Leeizazombie
Indeed, for some people the stats may be very important. It's nice that you managed to create a command that solve the problem.

It seems that for older players the lack of minecraft.net authentication may be somewhat inconvenient. However, I think they all should gradually switch to ClassiCube.net accounts, as it's much better to do it now calmly, than to find out one day that the classic list just vanished.
dzienny
Administrator

Return to Suggestions and Bugs