Question about Client detection...

Question about Client detection...

Postby Warren1001 » 15 Jun 2013, 06:07

So on aBlockz Zombie I happen to be the person who catches the majority of hackers.
Most people who get banned make an appeal stating they weren't hacking which they obviously are.
99% of them use the client from minecraft.org which is exactly like today's default WoM.
Since the client from minecraft.org (MCORG is what we call it) is based off of WoM and follows the motds, but has the default higher jump and speed, is there any way to detect it and prohibit use on the server kicking them saying like "use xwom" or something? It would reduce the amount of hackers by 80%..

I usually catch 3-4 hackers a day:3 to let you know how bad it is.
Warren1001

Re: Question about Client detection...

Postby Alshima » 15 Jun 2013, 16:29

There is already a detection system in the console state. You just press on the players section, or it may be located in the properties file. It'll "is using wom" and "is using xwom" but it doesn't show to other ops in chat. Anyways the detectors in the MCDzienny software do not work. I have tested it myself and it completely says false when it should say true.
Alshima

Postby Warren1001 » 15 Jun 2013, 17:44

Alshima wrote:There is already a detection system in the console state. You just press on the players section, or it may be located in the properties file. It'll "is using wom" and "is using xwom" but it doesn't show to other ops in chat. Anyways the detectors in the MCDzienny software do not work. I have tested it myself and it completely says false when it should say true.

you have to put cfg=mcdzienny.cba.pl/cfg in your motd, which forces the client to identify itself to the server by making the player use /womid on joining. it then shows what client they use and they get kicked if they use wom (obviously if you have the option set to kick them) i was just wondering if there's a way to detect mcorg :3
Warren1001

Postby Warren1001 » 15 Jun 2013, 17:52

Hmm, MCORG follows motds but it appears it doesn't identify itself. Darn.

/e Can't you rewrite the thing somehow to make the users who join that don't use xwom are forced to type /client hacks off and makes them rejoin and it somehow detects if its on or off, so it'll make them type it again then kick them if they turn it back on? :S
Warren1001

Postby dzienny » 15 Jun 2013, 19:52

Unfortunately, no. It's impossible to detect mcorg. Surprisingly, it seems to act a bit different than WOM, as jumps are lower, but they still give a slight speed advantage. It seems that Triddin was trying to fix this bug, and he succedeed only partly.
dzienny
Administrator

Return to General Suggestions