Server Bots.

Server Bots.

Postby lucasds12 » 01 Jun 2013, 05:24

Hello, I would like to suggest putting server bots to this software. What server bots can do is do what a staff could do. First if you are being bad the server bot will identify your attitude and will send the /rules to you first. Every once in a while, the server bot will give you 30 (server moneys) if you are behaving and being respectful to the members and users of the server. If you are being guilty as a guest or a member your (server moneys) will be taken. If you decide to be very guilty, the server bot will jail you and if you re-log, you'll still be jailed and it will be like a temp jail for like 5 minutes. If your guiltiness increases higher, the server bot kicks and sends a report to the console. If you are very, just not behaving, refusing to enforce the rules properly, not being observant. The server bot shall unfortunately ban you from the server and ban your IP + it will delete any progress you have made. If you are found respectful and naturally enforcing the rules properly, you will be given 50 (server moneys) and the number of (server moneys) increases higher and higher until the server bot decides to promote you. Server bots can also identify if there is any abusing in the server or misusing the following commands that they were given. First, the server bot will send the /rules to them. Then, if further notice misusing your commands or abusing. You will be jailed for 5 minutes and as I said, if you re-log, your still jailed. If more further notice to you abusing or misusing your commands, it is unfortunate that you have to be demoted to the highest building or buying rank and if you abuse any more command, the server bot must trace your IP to the console. Now, here's my information what a server bot is:
It is like if someone was on /hide and exactly like a antigrief system. This bot can not be shown with a username or anything in that nature. It just does what a staff would do but in a proper way of handling someone's actions, because many staff can not deal with guests or members too good. And server bots could handle the issues properly by simply doing what a excellent staff would do.
I hope this essay made you entirely occupied.
Please post your opinion about this suggestion.
-Lucas
There is only one thing I do in life, that's contributing here.
lucasds12

Re: Server Bots.

Postby Warren1001 » 01 Jun 2013, 06:11

I don't believe this could work. Mainly because it would be kind of like preventing hacks. The innocent would be affected. For example, if you were to set someone saying stupid over and over, I could say "I'm so stupid" a bunch of times and get kicked for it. It's basically a chat guard to limit you from saying anything...
Warren1001

Postby lucasds12 » 01 Jun 2013, 06:16

True, but in a software. I have saw total amount of use in this handy suggestion.
It provides security to the server if a griefer or a rule breaker decides to join and mess up your day.
-Lucas
lucasds12

Postby lucasds12 » 01 Jun 2013, 16:01

If you say "I am stupid" 1 time, it will send you the /rules. Also, it does not have a chat limit added to it. It will send you the /rules and will start doing a prevention for you to stop saying "I am stupid".
-Lucas
lucasds12

Postby Conor » 01 Jun 2013, 16:33

It would be a painstakingly slow process to make a bot that is efficient. By efficient I mean; it picks up on almost every potential 'bad' behavior. The system would be unreliable and for this reason many people wouldn't trust a program to kick and ban players.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby lucasds12 » 01 Jun 2013, 16:45

Conor wrote:It would be a painstakingly slow process to make a bot that is efficient. By efficient I mean; it picks up on almost every potential 'bad' behavior. The system would be unreliable and for this reason many people wouldn't trust a program to kick and ban players.

Well it would be painstakingly to make a bot that is pretty fast and identifies all potential guilty behavior but, there can be a option if server bots can be enabled or disabled.
Just like /hasirc there could be a /hasserverbots and here is what it should say if it's enabled:
Server Bots is enabled!
Here is what it should say if it's disabled:
Server Bots is disabled!
In properties, there could be a Server Bots location to turn off server bots or enable server bots in your server. You could put the number of server bots you want in the console location and enable it.
I should know that staff + guests or any kind of person should trust this system.
-Lucas
lucasds12

Postby dzienny » 01 Jun 2013, 18:48

It's an interesting idea. But it's also fairly time consuming to create such bot. Hence, I don't plan to add it. Still, maybe someone loves the idea and has enough programming skills to make it. It could be created as a plugin.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Breakdown901 » 01 Jun 2013, 18:55

I do like the idea, but it would be very very very very hard to make. This could take longer than a month to make.
Owner of:
Breakdown901 Lava Survival/Zombie Survival/Freebuild
Host of NeonGaming Lava Survival.
Breakdown901

Postby lucasds12 » 01 Jun 2013, 18:57

Breakdown901 wrote:I do like the idea, but it would be very very very very hard to make. This could take longer than a month to make.

It wouldn't take too, TOO long to make but it is a sizzling idea if I ask myself.
I'm going to try to make it if POSSIBLE.
-Lucas
lucasds12

Return to General Suggestions