XWom Possible new feature

XWom Possible new feature

Postby void_public » 18 Mar 2013, 11:52

Some of you might know me i am Dev of my own zombie survival software which is forked off MCForge. The XWom Client has been a great fix for the buggy Wom one and its been really great.

My suggestion would basically be, since MCDzienny has a lot of inbuild games, that referees can use the hacks of the client while its disabled for non-refs.

I have done some experiments using the XWom Client. So basically the adminium-permission that is checked for +ophacks in the motd, can be changed in order to get +ophacks working. As some of you are server owner of gaming servers (Zombie/lava) you might know that changing the permission of adminium to operator (e.g) can make people break it which is very uncomfortable, since they could destroy parts of the maps when trying to spleef a zombie e.g.

The XWOM client however checks the motd when entering a map so basically you could selectively say what maps can be hacks used and which not which is pretty useful. The only thing that is wrong is (what i would have liked to do) when someone goes into some referee mode, then they should be able to use hacks, so what i am suggestion is that the client should respond to the SendMOTD() or SendUserMOTD to disable/enable hacks immediately.

Sounds pretty confusing but isnt: Just make it work, so if the user gets send a new motd, that hacks are disabled/enabled instantely instead of waiting to get to another map... if that is even possible.

This would help all game servers to let their referees use hacks everytime which could be very usefull instead of using the old /fly command which is slow
void_public

Re: XWom Possible new feature

Postby ismellike » 18 Mar 2013, 14:22

My name is ismellike, and I approve this/that message.
What a beast...
ismellike
Coder

Postby Conor » 20 Mar 2013, 23:47

void_public wrote:Some of you might know me i am Dev of my own zombie survival software which is forked off MCForge. The XWom Client has been a great fix for the buggy Wom one and its been really great.

My suggestion would basically be, since MCDzienny has a lot of inbuild games, that referees can use the hacks of the client while its disabled for non-refs.

I have done some experiments using the XWom Client. So basically the adminium-permission that is checked for +ophacks in the motd, can be changed in order to get +ophacks working. As some of you are server owner of gaming servers (Zombie/lava) you might know that changing the permission of adminium to operator (e.g) can make people break it which is very uncomfortable, since they could destroy parts of the maps when trying to spleef a zombie e.g.

The XWOM client however checks the motd when entering a map so basically you could selectively say what maps can be hacks used and which not which is pretty useful. The only thing that is wrong is (what i would have liked to do) when someone goes into some referee mode, then they should be able to use hacks, so what i am suggestion is that the client should respond to the SendMOTD() or SendUserMOTD to disable/enable hacks immediately.

Sounds pretty confusing but isnt: Just make it work, so if the user gets send a new motd, that hacks are disabled/enabled instantely instead of waiting to get to another map... if that is even possible.

This would help all game servers to let their referees use hacks everytime which could be very usefull instead of using the old /fly command which is slow

If Dzienny doesn't do this, or is slow to reply, I have another route you could take to overcome your problem, which I have used before.

You could code your own speed hack and respawning system in the 'HandleInput' method of the Player class. That way, you can enable hacks via the MOTD at all times (but players still can't hack because of this detector), but only disable the hack detector in your server for referees whenever you choose.

You can check the players last position from the last elapse of the timer which controls player movement - if it is by too much... move them back and warn/kick etc.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby void_public » 21 Mar 2013, 11:32

I got time anyways and know how i would do that ofc.. it would just be usefull if i send raw that the wom client would response immediately to it instead of waiting for the new map.
void_public

Return to General Suggestions