What to add next? [Poll]

Choose one feature that you want to be implemented first * You have to be logged in to vote *

More customizable store
11%
Auto achievement system
24%
Global chat - cross server chat
22%
Remote console - access to the server console from other locations
9%
Block animations - you can create an animation that is made out of blocks
11%
Command blocks - blocks that can trigger any command you set on being hit or walk through
24%

Total votes : 46

What to add next? [Poll]

Postby dzienny » 01 Feb 2012, 13:21

There are many features that would be fun to implement, but of course it's impossible to add them all at once, so I have to choose what to add first. Here you can help me to make this decision. You are able to select only one of the features. Choose the one that you think will be most useful for your server. Also you can explain why you think your choice is best. All the input is appreciated.

[edit: WOM client detection - removed because it will be implemented with the next release anyway]
dzienny
Administrator

Re: What to add next?

Postby Ultima » 01 Feb 2012, 14:54

Hard to chose.

I preffer (in order):
    Command blocks - blocks that can trigger any command you set on being hit or walk through
    WOM users detection - detects the WOM users in general
    Auto achievement system

The WOM users detection, if you are going to make it is it possible to check the version of WOM the user uses?
I see alot of "hackers" that use a flawed version of WOM (2.0.5) that doesnt check the MOTD.
Ultima

Postby dzienny » 01 Feb 2012, 15:57

Ultima wrote:The WOM users detection, if you are going to make it is it possible to check the version of WOM the user uses?
I see alot of "hackers" that use a flawed version of WOM (2.0.5) that doesnt check the MOTD.

It's complicated but possible, yes.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Ultima » 01 Feb 2012, 15:59

dzienny wrote:
Ultima wrote:The WOM users detection, if you are going to make it is it possible to check the version of WOM the user uses?

It's complicated but possible, yes.

I can make it more complicated by asking if its possible to add anti-hack on them :mrgreen:
Ultima

Postby dzienny » 01 Feb 2012, 16:24

Ultima wrote:I can make it more complicated by asking if its possible to add anti-hack on them :mrgreen:

I've just found quite an easy method to check the version of WOM. This way you can kick players that connect using old version. It should be added with the next release. Concerning hack detection as I mentioned before it is error prone due to communication latencies, possible computatnion latencies etc. I may adjust hack detection to be more tolerant for readings, this way it shouldn't warn the legit users, but in the same time it's gonna be less efficient in finding hack users.

[edit: it's already there, download the version 7.4.1+, all you have to do is add to MOTD
Code: Select all
cfg=mcdzienny.cba.pl/cfg
this way the server will kick all the players that uses the flawed version of WOM and tell them to upgrade to the newest WOM]
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Ultima » 01 Feb 2012, 19:58

dzienny wrote:all you have to do is add to MOTD
cfg=mcdzienny.cba.pl/cfg
this way the server will kick all the players that uses the flawed version of WOM and tell them to upgrade to the newest WOM]

Is it possible to add the content of mcdzienny.cba.pl/cfg directly into the MOTD?
(making it more robust if the website is down)
Ultima

Postby HelloWorldCool » 03 Feb 2012, 00:06

I would say in my opinion /command block(s) are first.

Second: Block animations - you can create an animation that is made out of blocks
Third: Remote console - access to the server console from other locations
Fourth: Auto achievement system
Fifth: More customizable store
Six: Global chat - cross server chat

**This is just how i'm ranking the choices in terms of my own interest.
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Re: What to add next? [Poll]

Postby dzienny » 16 Feb 2012, 20:25

It's 3 to 0 for Command Blocks. So be it. I am going to add this in the 8.0 version. I will start coding on the next Monday, it may take me a while though. I got the general concept, but if you have any ideas that concerns command blocks please post them here. For example you can write how do you expect a new function to work.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Ultima » 17 Feb 2012, 09:13

dzienny wrote:It's 3 to 0 for Command Blocks. So be it. I am going to add this in the 8.0 version. I will start coding on the next Monday, it may take me a while though. I got the general concept, but if you have any ideas that concerns command blocks please post them here. For example you can write how do you expect a new function to work.

There should be a option witch commands are allowed to use in /command.
Maybe extra permission's for example with /kickban:

Normal usage permission = 80
    /Command usage permission = 120

I don't want anyone to place a kickban block ;)
Ultima

Postby HelloWorldCool » 18 Feb 2012, 18:50

dzienny wrote:It's 3 to 0 for Command Blocks. So be it. I am going to add this in the 8.0 version. I will start coding on the next Monday, it may take me a while though. I got the general concept, but if you have any ideas that concerns command blocks please post them here. For example you can write how do you expect a new function to work.

Lol...hey dzienny someone voted for 1. More customizable store today

(wasn't me :mrgreen: )
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Next

Return to General Suggestions