A /help objective (for newbies!)

A /help objective (for newbies!)

Postby fizzygillespie » 21 Apr 2012, 00:19

I think you need a /help objective (or something else..) for the /help because there are a bunch of new people who don't know what to do. I think it will help them when no op+ are online.
fizzygillespie

Re: A /help objective (for newbies!)

Postby TheOneMeg » 21 Apr 2012, 01:10

Yes, something like that would be great.

But until now, you can already make text files, which players can read with "/view". It is also very usefull, the best would be if you write in the welcome message or the rules something like that: Write "/view help" for more information ;)
TheOneMeg

Postby thrkrew01 » 28 Apr 2012, 00:56

that one would be an easy one to make. ill make one for you :D i did one similar but for my website. all they have to do is type /website (or /ws for short) and it gives them a url.
thrkrew01

Postby thrkrew01 » 28 Apr 2012, 02:50

ok i made it... all it does is summerize the game (i tryed to do it as short as i could). the command is "/objective" and the shortcut is "/obj" ok heres what you have to do. 1st type "/cmdcreate objective". go into the "extra\commands\source" directory. find the "cmdobjective.cs" file and open it with notepad. erase everything inside it then paste this into it:

Code: Select all
/*
   Auto-generated command skeleton class.

Use this as a basis for custom commands implemented via the MCDzienny scripting framework.
   File and class should be named a specific way.  For example, /update is named 'CmdUpdate.cs' for the file, and 'CmdUpdate' for the class.
*/

// Add any other using statements you need up here, of course.

please note: i have had a copy and pasting issue where it reads the description as a part of the code and it messes it up. you might have to manually enter it in.

hope this helps!
// As a note, MCDzienny is designed for .NET 3.5.
using System;

namespace MCDzienny
{
   public class CmdObjective : Command
   {
      // The command's name, in all lowercase.  What you'll be putting behind the slash when using it.
      public override string name { get { return "objective"; } }

// Command's shortcut (please take care not to use an existing one, or you may have issues.
      public override string shortcut { get { return "obj"; } }

// Determines which submenu the command displays in under /help.
      public override string type { get { return "other"; } }

// Determines whether or not this command can be used in a museum.  Block/map altering commands should be made false to avoid errors.
      public override bool museumUsable { get { return false; } }

// Determines the command's default rank.  Valid values are:
      // LevelPermission.Nobody, LevelPermission.Banned, LevelPermission.Guest
      // LevelPermission.Builder, LevelPermission.AdvBuilder, LevelPermission.Operator, LevelPermission.Admin
      public override LevelPermission defaultRank { get { return LevelPermission.Banned; } }

// This is where the magic happens, naturally.
      // p is the player object for the player executing the command.  message is everything after the command invocation itself.
      public override void Use(Player p, string message)
      {
         Player.SendMessage(p, "In order to survive you have to build a shelter within the time limit to survive the lava wave. You are given 3 lives at the start of each round. If you come into contact with the lava, then you lose 1 life and spawn at the starting point. If you lose all 3 of your lives, then you become a ghost. Ghosts cannot edit any blocks and appear headless. If you survive the lava wave, then you are rewarded with coins. Coins can buy you stuff that can aid your survival. You can even buy ranks! Type &d/store &efor more information. By surviving you also earn XP. XP is earned by the amount of air around you at the end of each round. By earning XP, you level up. By leveling up, up get grief protection (lower ranks can't edit your blocks). Lava can also melt through blocks, so be careful!");
      }

// This one controls what happens when you use /help [commandname].
      public override void Help(Player p)
      {
         Player.SendMessage(p, "/objective - Explains how the game works.");
      }
   }
}

then save it. goto console and type "/compile objective" then type "/cmdload objective". it should work now! for the command to stay there for next time you restart, goto the "text/cmdautoload" directory and type in "objective".

PLEASE NOTE: i have had copy and pasting problems with it and it had read the summary as the code so it might just come up with errors and if it does then you will have to enter in the summary manually.

hope this helps :D
thrkrew01

Return to Lava Suggestions