[✓] CTF Game Mode is non-functional.

[✓] CTF Game Mode is non-functional.

Postby EricKilla » 12 Jul 2014, 08:43

After some experimentation on a MCDzienny server attempting to use Capture-The-Flag mode, I noticed that several of the commands are nonfunctional. This is not a new issue, as shown on this thread.

However, unlike them, I have more precise information, and pertinent error logs.

So, any use of team-management commands, excluding flag and spawn, throw errors. It appears to "Create" the team, and the team is joinable (/team join [color] does throw an error though), however when the game is started, the game mode uses the default map spawn and doesn't spawn the flags.

http://pastebin.com/m2JBE8Qa Here is a list of various errors. Unfortunately I do not have the commands that link up with them, but it should be fairly easy to match them up.
EricKilla,
MCForge Minecraft Classic Custom Server Software Developer
EricKilla

Re: [Non-Critical] CTF Game Mode is non-functional.

Postby _Retaliate_ » 12 Jul 2014, 20:02

Try clearing ctf data before starting it.
/ctf clear
If that doesn't work, then I don't know what's wrong.
_Retaliate_

Postby Leeizazombie » 13 Jul 2014, 16:32

CTF, as part of the MCLawl source, which is what MCDzienny is based on; does not function because it wasn't ever fully made I believe, a lot of the code is commented out and I highly doubt that Dzienny has considered adding CTF to the software, it would be interesting if he could actually finish the code for adding a new game mode, or remove some of the core commands.
Owner of:
LeeIzaZombie Freebuild and Lava Survival V2 (Shut Down and updated)
LeeIzaZombie Survival (Comming back soon)

IRC: irc.geekshed.net, #leeizazombie, #mcclassichosting
Leeizazombie

Postby _Retaliate_ » 13 Jul 2014, 17:18

well, the only thing in common in all those commands, was mapOn, so I think that is what causes a NullReferenceException, and the only time mapOn is set to something is when you use /ctf clear
_Retaliate_

Postby dzienny » 18 Jul 2014, 16:45

I'm quite sure CTF in MCDzienny was broken from the very beginning. I don't plan to fix it. Instead, I will remove the commands that cause confusion. Still, it's possible that someone will add this game mode as a plugin, because it's technically possible. Anyway, thank you for the report.
dzienny
Administrator

Return to Closed Bugs