10.4 | AFK auto-kick

10.4 | AFK auto-kick

Postby Ultima » 13 Jun 2013, 18:04

Code: Select all
-------------------------

----6/13/2013 10:02:45 AM ----
Type: InvalidOperationException
Source: mscorlib
Message: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
Target: ThrowInvalidOperationException
Trace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at MCDzienny.PlayerCollection.ForEachSync(Action`1 action)
   at MCDzienny.Server.afkTimer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

-------------------------

Auto-kick gives this error after kicking.
Ultima

Re: 10.4 | AFK auto-kick

Postby ismellike » 13 Jun 2013, 18:38

Had this same thing, but didn't know where it was coming from. I just suspected it was what was stopping my infection system.

http://mcdzienny.cba.pl/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2170
What a beast...
ismellike
Coder

Postby Conor » 13 Jun 2013, 19:38

Dzienny recently told me in one of his posts to use the 'PlayerCollection.ForEachSync' method to iterate through players, instead of the old 'ForEach' method. He said it was more efficient as it uses 'locking', which ensures all players are iterated through.

The errors you both posted are stemmed from this method though, it is saying that the List which is being iterated through is modified during the iteration ('Collection was modified'). Obviously it doesn't like this, so it can't continue the loop through the players and an error is thrown.

It is probably something Dzienny needs to patch within this method to fix these bugs, that's my guess.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby dzienny » 17 Jun 2013, 22:45

Thank you for the report. It was fixed in the version 10.5.

The error was caused, as Conor correctly noticed, by the misuse of the new method PlayerCollection.ForEachSync. In this case the method Player.Kick was called from within the ForEachSync method. The Kick method apart from kicking a player, also removes them from the Player.players collection, thus it modifies the Player.players collection.

To solve this problem I introduced a new method PlayerCollection.GetCopy(). The method returns a List<Player> object that contains all the players that PlayerCollection does. This way it can be iterated safely, because Player.Kick method will modify only the Player.players collection and won't affect the copy.

Spoiler:
dzienny
Administrator

Return to Closed Bugs