Auto mute

Auto mute

Postby TheOneMeg » 18 Apr 2012, 13:16

Hello dzienny,

Can you please add the option to switch off the auto mute? Because sometimes when someone play on my server, he will get muted for no reason by the server.
If you then would write something, just the message "You were muted for 245 seconds" appears.

I will be very happy, if you can add this "switch off auto mute" button (or an other way to deactivate it). :D
TheOneMeg

Re: Auto mute

Postby Ultima » 18 Apr 2012, 15:56

I don't recall the server having a auto-mute option :|
Ultima

Postby TheOneMeg » 18 Apr 2012, 16:53

What is it then? :?
Something mute for no reason players and it occur often.
TheOneMeg

Postby Ultima » 18 Apr 2012, 17:50

Can u check the error tab and place it here?
Also, check if someone is using /mute in the command logs.
Ultima

Postby TheOneMeg » 18 Apr 2012, 19:49

There is no error about it and I'm 100% sure that no one use /mute or /tempmute.
TheOneMeg

Postby HelloWorldCool » 18 Apr 2012, 22:18

TheOneMeg wrote:There is no error about it and I'm 100% sure that no one use /mute or /tempmute.

Possible New Feature that was implemented?

System Rules! :D
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby TheOneMeg » 19 Apr 2012, 15:40

No, it was always there since I'm using MCDzienny (january 2012).
And until the 7.8 (or another 7.xx), there was a bug with the Antigrief-system that it kicks in time of one or two minutes users, if they only destroyed one block.
I think its a bug with the server time, but we can't fix it. On our other server (McForge), there was too this error with the Antigrief-system until someone coded a plugin that trust (like /trust) every new player - who joins - automaticly.
But on MCDzienny we can't add plugins, or?
TheOneMeg

Postby Ultima » 19 Apr 2012, 15:55

You only can add commands.
U can let a command auto-run on server start tho.

I don't recall having a bug in the antigrief system that kicks people. :|
The anti-grief system of MCDZ is diffrent then MCforge.

What version are you using?
Ultima

Postby TheOneMeg » 19 Apr 2012, 16:10

No, the antigrief was in one point same, it kicked players, who destroyed very fast blocks in a short time.
And i know that I can run commands automaticly on server start, but on the McForge server we have a plugin that run all the time and trust every player, who joins.
As I said, i think it is a bug with our server time. The antigrief-system kicked players, because it "thought" that a player destroyed very fast blocks, because the server time is/was wrong.
And because we can't fix this error, I hope that dzienny can remove this auto-mute. :D

And I'm using 8.0.0.0
TheOneMeg

Postby dzienny » 19 Apr 2012, 19:57

Well, there's no auto mute system implemented in the software. But you mentioned the problem with the system clock. If it occasionaly goes back and forth then it may explain the problem that you experience. I think I may solve this by changing the algorigthm that controls tempmutting. Still the time problem is kinda serious and it may cause all the strange behaviour that wouldn't normally occure. Check this out maybe it will help you http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... ck-112198/ .

By the way, you can add plugins to MCDzienny, just there are not many events, but if you need any like PlayerJoined, PlayerLeft, etc. you can post in suggestion section. It won't be overly time consuming to add those.
dzienny
Administrator

Next

Return to Closed Suggestions