/omniban

/omniban

Postby lucasds12 » 17 Jun 2013, 01:45

Hey guys, I would like a new command called /omniban. This command could ban all the people on your PC that runs on the MCDzienny Software.
/omniban [player] - Bans the player from your PC (server owners ONLY)
/omniban @[player] - Silent omniban, won't say the "[player] is now banned!" message.
/omniban #[player] - Xbans the user from all the servers that run on your PC.
-Lucas
There is only one thing I do in life, that's contributing here.
lucasds12

Re: /omniban

Postby Alshima » 17 Jun 2013, 04:05

lucasds12 wrote:Hey guys, I would like a new command called /omniban. This command could ban all the people on your PC that runs on the MCDzienny Software.
/omniban [player] - Bans the player from your PC (server owners ONLY)
/omniban @[player] - Silent omniban, won't say the "[player] is now banned!" message.
/omniban #[player] - Xbans the user from all the servers that run on your PC.
-Lucas

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't ban a mc player from your PC. There is also no reason to silently omniban a player since its just omnibanning someone. Also omniban is technically banned an ip from your server, you can't do it automatically with your other servers really. Usually you can just omniban players by doing it manually.
:arrow: :|
Alshima

Postby dryfly21 » 17 Jun 2013, 04:10

omniban is to ban a specific person from ever being able to ever go on ANY of the servers of MCDzienny. also the request just looks like a modified version of /ban :lol: also alshi you can ban all the player in YOUR server but not others servers you can either do it the slow way with /ban and /xban and /banip or the fast way and copy and past all the player into the banned folder XD
dryfly21

Postby Conor » 17 Jun 2013, 17:21

The name of the command is slightly misleading as the 'omniban' command is already known to ban the player from all of the server's running the specific software.

However your idea is very easily possible.

Just save the player name to a global text file, somewhere on your PC. For example, in a constant place which you don't even notice, i.e. your appdata folder (probably not the best location but I'm just giving an example).

Then, when you ban the player, save their name to the text file. Then, in both of your servers, on player connect you can check to see if their name is in the file, if it is, kick them instantly.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby Ultima » 22 Jun 2013, 14:34

Or link it with IRC ;)
Ultima

Return to Requests for Addon