/discourage or /discourager

/discourage or /discourager

Postby Conor » 12 Jan 2013, 02:40

It would discourage the player or a given IP from the server. It could be developed more, to have sub commands:

./discourager [add] [player]
./discourager [del] [player]
./discourager [list]

Some ideas:

-> Random lag spikes with other player position packets being sent to them.
-> Random freezing of the player every now and then (for less than half a second so it is noticeable but just looks glitchy).
-> Probability when they type a message that it doesn't send to the server.
-> Random Thread.Sleep when receiving messages.
-> Every few blocks will re-appear when placing them, and when destroying.
-> And obviously, randomly disconnects them from the server every few minutes (5 - 15 minutes maybe?).

This would be an effective command and against annoying players that persist in breaking the rules. When /tempban just doesn't do a good job, you can really get to them by making them suffer.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Re: /discourage or /discourager

Postby HelloWorldCool » 12 Jan 2013, 04:35

First thing: Lol. Like your thinking but a command like this would be really complicated, and is just not worth making.

Instead maybe have a rank such as "ghost" (in stable settings) and rank the player ghost rank(-50 perm).
Hahahahaha let them suffer through that. It will be much more effective as well. :)
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby Conor » 12 Jan 2013, 21:20

HelloWorldCool wrote:First thing: Lol. Like your thinking but a command like this would be really complicated, and is just not worth making.

Instead maybe have a rank such as "ghost" (in stable settings) and rank the player ghost rank(-50 perm).
Hahahahaha let them suffer through that. It will be much more effective as well. :)

I understand that you may think it is pointless, but I have made this command work in a software in the past and witnessed single handedly that it is very effective at subliminally discouraging a player from your server.

For example, a player keeps being extremely sarcastic to the staff, they are abusive when staff are offline etc. Staff cannot just ban him, as most communities play a fair game and will only ban players when they seriously break a set-in-stone rule.

So, discouraging them will do as it says on the tin :) Also just to reference your "would be really complicated", it isn't so hard, it would be a matter of changing a bool variable for a player, and then making that effect the way messages are sent to them, how they move and perceive movement etc.

So maybe now you will see it could be at some use? ;)
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby HelloWorldCool » 13 Jan 2013, 00:31

Possibly useful at times, but chances are not high. I wouldn't support doing this.

>>Ranking a person as Ghost is much better. Let me explain.

>No lag spikes = good for computer and people on server
>No griefing = good community and environment, since this person needs to be banned rank (-20)
>fast and efficient, if the person is willing to make up he or she will stay, if not they'll leave soon...

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
HelloWorldCool

Postby Conor » 13 Jan 2013, 01:13

HelloWorldCool wrote:Possibly useful at times, but chances are not high. I wouldn't support doing this.

>>Ranking a person as Ghost is much better. Let me explain.

>No lag spikes = good for computer and people on server
>No griefing = good community and environment, since this person needs to be banned rank (-20)
>fast and efficient, if the person is willing to make up he or she will stay, if not they'll leave soon...

The lag spikes are for the person only, not the server, if coded to do so. They appear as 'lag spikes' but are not lag spikes, just the purposeful slowness of things.

Fast and efficient goes for both of them ;)

I think both our ideas work well in discouraging a player from a server, or making them realise what they have done is wrong... e.t.c.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby HelloWorldCool » 14 Jan 2013, 02:01

Agreed, both work. Let the server owners choose their alternatives. :)

HelloWorldCool

Postby Hira » 22 Mar 2013, 01:26

Nice cmd coner i had about 6 ppl every day would ask for admin rank there were moderators they were nice helped people but would power abuse to some ppl who are against them and then i used it on them its fun but i forgot to trun it off on one of them he left the server lol
Owner of [IbHiracraft] lava survival + freebuild
Hira

Postby ismellike » 22 Mar 2013, 01:35

XD

Its not a real cmd, he was suggesting it Hira.
What a beast...
ismellike
Coder

Return to Requests for Addon