Contact ..

Contact ..

Postby The_Legacy » 06 Jul 2011, 01:44

Dzienny,

You wish for me to not post on that topic again, so i will not
but you asked for me to pm or email you if i have any further issues / you say i should have in the first place, well i have a question, How am i expected to do so when you have no contact page?
You also have permissions set so regular members can't send a private message.
Please rethink your comment

If there are any other issues you want to discuss you can send me an email or a private message on the forum. I'm very willing to solve all the problems. You really should have sent me a private message instead of posting here.

Now please give me your email or give me pm permissions.
The_Legacy

Re: Contact ..

Postby The_Legacy » 06 Jul 2011, 07:38

Anyways i'm over this whole crap, I am not dealing with you plati.

Dzienny it is not a request for you remove fredlllll's cin commands but a demand.
These are not your commands and you have never got permission from him for you to use them. Ever notice why its forums.mcforge.net? the whole MCForge part must have put you off track? because when i last checked people post them on the MCForge site/forums for a reason, for it to possibly get added into MCForge vanilla, not for other software's to come on in and snoop around and steal commands, if people wanted you to use there custom commands they would have came here and posted it in MCDzienny forums.

the command was published under GPL v3 and I assume he apporves that, hence one cannot add his own restrictions to the way of the distribution.

That's the worst thing I've ever heard, Authors of a licences may do what they like with there command / software. Actually you are technically stealing this command from us, because fredlllll gave it to MCForge, so therefor you are violating MCForge's licences, that orders you three options
1.) Go open source
2.) Remove the command from your software
3.) Stop distributing MCDzienny

And the last thing, I hope you do realize that you cannot add xTYx command to MCForge with the current copyrights statements. GPL v3 doesn't allow that.

xTYx728 wants his commands in MCForge and MCForge ONLY,It's the same as the statement above, The people that have the licences in there name may wave the licences to a certin person/company if they wish, so again you are wrong and we can put it in if we wish.

I've tried to be nice, but it seems your staff member "PlatinumKiller" tries to make a fool out of me when i am being nice, and was being considerate to your request to Private message or Email you.

Sorry this had to be so public like this but it's what happens. And how about this time you don't lock the topic after trying to prove me wrong.
The_Legacy

Re: Contact ..

Postby dzienny » 06 Jul 2011, 13:47

Dear Andrew,

I guess I didn't state it clear enough, but in last post I've written that all commands from MCForge (that includes pcinema and scinema) were removed from the command pool. They were removed because they use GPL v3 license.

You say fredlll command was posted on MCForge to make it exclusive. Well you probably didn't visit MCLawl forum where the command was orginally published, so that's why you say so. Anyway this whole thing is silly, because you are running open source project under GPL license. It means that all the code has to be in agreement with this license. So that anyone can redistribute the code according to the GPL license. If fredlll's code is restricted from redistributing that means you have to remove it from your code. Same thing for xtyx code, it cannot be included in your code as long as it has the current restrictions.

That leaves you three options:
1. Ask fredlll to allow you to publish his code under GPL v3 license.
2. Remove the code from your software.
3. Stop distributing your software.
:)

As I said before, in my opinion this discussion shouldn't take place on the forum. I am willing to resolve all the problems just send me a private message, here is my email:

Best regards
-Dzienny

Further references:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License
dzienny
Administrator

Return to General Chat