What's coming next?

What's coming next?

Postby dzienny » 27 Oct 2013, 14:17

I'm happy to see that many players have already switched to ClassiCube. I hope this trend continues. Minecraft Classic was abandoned by Mojang a long time ago. There were no fixes for the Java problems. This partly led to a decline in Classic popularity. The newest Java update (7u25) completely breaks minecraft.net web client. Luckily there's ClassiCube now. ClassiCube works for the new Java and it is open source that means there are no limits to new features. So far 16 new blocks have been introduced, and this number will only grow. Another cool thing is that new models can be added. You can already change your player's model using MCDzienny+ClassiCube and the command /setmodel [player] [model].

Thus there are new models like zombie, pig, creeper etc. Why not to make them alive? I plan to add an Artificial Intelligence API (a la Plugin API) that will let programmers create their own mobs/bots AI. I'm not sure when it will be ready. I believe it will be released in a few weeks.

So, the next step is the introduction of mobs and artificial intelligence API to MCDzienny. I hope that there will be programmers willing to experiment with it and make some cool AI themselves.
dzienny
Administrator

Re: What's coming next?

Postby ismellike » 27 Oct 2013, 17:57

Dzienny wrote:So, the next step is the introduction of mobs and artificial intelligence API to MCDzienny. I hope that there will be programmers willing to experiment with it and make some cool AI themselves.

This sounds so cool; I have always wanted to work with AI's.

Minecraft Classic is really having some big changes these past few days.
What a beast...
ismellike
Coder

Postby joppiesaus » 27 Oct 2013, 19:02

dzienny wrote:Thus there are new models like zombie, pig, creeper etc. Why not to make them alive? I plan to add an Artificial Intelligence API (a la Plugin API) that will let programmers create their own mobs/bots AI. I'm not sure when it will be ready. I believe it will be released in a few weeks.

So, the next step is the introduction of mobs and artificial intelligence API to MCDzienny. I hope that there will be programmers willing to experiment with it and make some cool AI themselves.

Yes! That's awsome! I am sooo exited!

I am going to program some awsome stuff with that. But that's when it's ready. Good luck with it Zienny! <ok>

EDIT: Are you also planning /setmodel for bots?
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Postby dzienny » 27 Oct 2013, 21:36

Good to see that there's some interest in this project. I haven't specified AI API yet, so I can't answer the question. We will see how it turns out. The first release won't be final anyway, it will be changed according to needs.
dzienny
Administrator

Return to General Chat