A leap forward

A leap forward

Postby dzienny » 25 Sep 2013, 13:53

Hello guys!

I've just rolled out a new version of MCDzienny. The new release introduces a breakthrough feature – a support for a new client and authentication service ClassiCube that is available on http://www.classicube.net . It should fix some of the common problems with the Minecraft Classic web client. I believe ClassiCube can help to revive the classic community. That's why I hurried to bring you this new feature. MCDzienny is the first software that supports Minecraft Classic and ClassiCube authentication in the same time. It means you tap into ClassiCube community without loosing your current visitors. The new client also comes with a new stuff. There are 16 brand new blocks that I added support for. They are properly displayed only on the new client, for the classic client they are converted to the closest visual match (eg ice->glass). They are treated as any other block type, you can set permissions for them, and they are compatible with old maps.

I have many ideas for new features, unfortunately I've been very busy that's why I haven't been active recently. I hope to add some new stuff, but we will see how it turns out.

I wanted to give you this update as soon as possible. So there might have crept in some bugs. If you find any, there's a bug section, please post there a problem description along with an error log.

I hope you will enjoy the new update,

Dzienny

Tips:
- ClassiCube is probably working only with Java7 – not sure.
- If you try to join a server with ClassiCube from the same machine you host it on, you may find it's impossible. There's a bug, but I found a work-around: 1) Make sure you have option Misc3->VerifyNameForLocalIPs turned off. 2) Use this link: http://www.classicube.net/server/play?i ... b6baa43c6e to connect to your server (change the port number, if necessary; keep the same mppass).
- Always remember to use different passwords for different services and accounts. It enhances your security greatly.
dzienny
Administrator

Re: A leap forward

Postby Ultima » 25 Sep 2013, 16:22

Nice!

Need to start promoting ClassiCube then ;)

What happens when someone uses a username from a OP in ClassiCube and logs into your server?
Does every OP+ need to register a classicube account or can you make a security feature for this? (whitelist classicube account for OP+)

Maybe you should contact them to add MCD to this list:
http://www.classicube.net/server/host
Ultima

Postby ane200055 » 25 Sep 2013, 17:08

This is an amazing update, I was playing through my ClassiCube account and my Mojang account in XWoM and I like how extra blocks work in ClassiCube and yet on other clients like XWoM ClassiCube blocks like ice shows up as glass etc.

This update alone could get ClassiCube really popular.

Nice work. ;)
The Developer of The XtraIRC IRC Client: http://xtrairc.tk
C# coder.
ane200055

Postby Bboy505 » 25 Sep 2013, 17:22

Sounds awesome. I really hope that it brings classic back to life.
Founder of McClassicHosting
Need to contact me? Visit:
irc.geekshed.net
#mcclassichosting, #Panda
Bboy505

Postby dzienny » 25 Sep 2013, 18:59

Ultima wrote:What happens when someone uses a username from a OP in ClassiCube and logs into your server?
Does every OP+ need to register a classicube account or can you make a security feature for this? (whitelist classicube account for OP+)

The accounts authenticated by ClassiCube are treated specially. A ClassiCube username is decorated with + sign at the end. So if someone creates on CC the account named "Notch" it will be recognized by MCDzienny as "Notch+". This way Mojang and ClassiCube accounts are never the same. Also, you can hide + sign (for example to make CC skins work correctly), but the account will still be saved in a database with a + sign. So the bottom line is that the accounts on Mojang and ClassiCube are recognized as separate accounts even if the names are exactly the same.

I've noticed that CC must have some problems with a database, because at the moment it's not possible to create a new account. I hope it will be fixed soon.

There's one thing I don't like about the new client - it is the shade of lava. It's too dark in my opinion. It makes the lava look less dangerous. I will ask CC developers to restore the old look.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby joppiesaus » 26 Sep 2013, 19:11

Wow! This is indeed a leap forward!
So much awsomeness in ClassiCube. You can even place fire!

Anyways, time for promoting! :)
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Postby dzienny » 29 Sep 2013, 10:47

Here's what's new:
If you haven't noticed, I fixed the lava some time ago. It now has the classic look.
It seems that registering on CC works fine, but there's a limit on accounts per IP. It's currently set to around 3 accounts per IP, not sure.
If you can't connect to your own server with CC client there's another way to do it. Just add ?override=true to the end of your server link. For example:
Code: Select all
http://www.classicube.net/server/play/463ad5f22d5b928a54078a9f6a23c5a6?override=true
dzienny
Administrator

Postby HelloWorldCool » 29 Sep 2013, 16:02

Wow! This is news. I've never heard of ClassiCube before...but another client is great atm.
So if minecraft.net was down and classicube was up then people can still go to Classicube right? :P

dzienny wrote:Hello guys!
- Always remember to use different passwords for different services and accounts. It enhances your security greatly.

Yeah I agree with dzienny, this service looks relatively new and unknown...maybe even sketchy so use different passwords!!

EDIT: The ClassiCube guys are the "fCraft" Team? Yikes...
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby AndrewPH » 29 Sep 2013, 20:01

HelloWorldCool wrote:Wow! This is news. I've never heard of ClassiCube before...but another client is great atm.
So if minecraft.net was down and classicube was up then people can still go to Classicube right? :P

dzienny wrote:Hello guys!

Yeah I agree with dzienny, this service looks relatively new and unknown...maybe even sketchy so use different passwords!!

EDIT: The ClassiCube guys are the "fCraft" Team? Yikes...

Hey, I'm the ClassiCube web developer (and I fund everything), and I'm here to let you know that we secure passwords using 1-way hashing methods that are irreversible by any reasonable means. We do suggest that you use a different password, but only because if you use the same password for every site, if somebody gets your password on one site, they get it for all sites that you use.

The "ClassiCube guys" are not strictly the "fCraft Team" - Fragmer makes up the fcraft team really. Me (an op of the official minecraft irc channel) and Jonty (owner of au70) are the main developers of this project, as he does the client and I do the website.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about ClassiCube in private (to avoid clogging up this thread). Cheers!
AndrewPH

Return to General Chat