Classic dying!

Classic dying!

Postby void_public » 01 Jul 2013, 19:51

Hello guys.
As todays patches they have removed the classic link from the website now permanently, which means its most likely that they want to see Classic gone :( Its still reachable under the direct link (www.minecraft.net/classic/) but there is no more visible link.
They have done this before and were stopped by many amounts of tweets and a lot of feedback from the Minecraft Classic community.

What i am asking you guys to do is to get as many people from your servers as possible and write a message @jeb_ that we NEED minecraft classic. Please try to include the #minecraftclassic so it can easily be filtered for.

We all need to pull on one string, no matter if we are friends or foes, we all have something in common: CLASSIC !

Tweet now and tell everyone you know so we can get this right!
void_public

Re: Classic dying!

Postby void_public » 01 Jul 2013, 20:12

You can use:
@jeb_ save #minecraftclassic
for example!
void_public

Postby Alshima » 02 Jul 2013, 02:17

void_public wrote:Hello guys.
As todays patches they have removed the classic link from the website now permanently, which means its most likely that they want to see Classic gone :( Its still reachable under the direct link (http://www.minecraft.net/classic/) but there is no more visible link.
They have done this before and were stopped by many amounts of tweets and a lot of feedback from the Minecraft Classic community.

What i am asking you guys to do is to get as many people from your servers as possible and write a message @jeb_ that we NEED minecraft classic. Please try to include the #minecraftclassic so it can easily be filtered for.

We all need to pull on one string, no matter if we are friends or foes, we all have something in common: CLASSIC !

Tweet now and tell everyone you know so we can get this right!

Umm.. http://minecraft.net/classic/ does work. Maybe your internet wasn't working?
Alshima

Postby lucasds12 » 02 Jul 2013, 02:35

It's [url]minecraft.net/classic[/url]
Enjoy fellow recruits :lol:
And Void, I do agree with you. My only valid inspiration (well not really) is Minecraft Classic and it really brings my enjoyment up a lot and I play it while I'm bored. Premium is incredible, it's graphics are good, updates are fantastic and all that but why break the enjoyment of Classic when 100s of people are dedicated to it, it's a good place to see friends, new people and surprises, it's also good to show your knowledge to people, it's incredible so you can show your creativity to some server owners, staff etc.

I just feel like Minecraft Classic should stay or else this software may never run again.
-Lucas
There is only one thing I do in life, that's contributing here.
lucasds12

Postby void_public » 02 Jul 2013, 17:07

Yes its there accessable via the URL, but not via the interface, which will get many people off it and prevent new ones from joining..

Statement from mollstam:
@LoLrecon the other guys made a decision to not have it on the front page as it was highly confusing now that the old play links are gone.

Le_chosen_one started a petition on twitter already, so please join:
http://twitition.com/p66zh
void_public

Postby joppiesaus » 02 Jul 2013, 19:46

Minecraft has changed. There was a lot of development in it, and it efforded. Classic is only cool because it is ugly. Which gives the ultimate "I can build what I want" feeling.
When alpha came out, the community was really tiny, nowadays you see that curse handles the community now, and the community isn't really a community anymore. There isn't any influence at the development of minecraft. The indie feeling has gone.

But that doesn't mean there will no more people play minecraft classic. People who really like it, are always playing. Look at MCDzienny's community, all those people play minecraft classic. All of them.
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Postby Ultima » 02 Jul 2013, 20:17

It was fun while it lasted.
Ultima

Postby onsansin » 02 Jul 2013, 21:44

Don't loose hpoe my friends ;) @Onsansin I understand that, support is not responsible for the website.We will let web devs know about requests to bring it back. ^OZ (https://twitter.com/MojangSupport/statu ... 1492847616)
ServerOwner of: [GERMAN] 1,5 Liter Lava/Zombie-Survival
ConsoleMnager of: [GERMAN] 1,5 Liter Flasche Freebuild
onsansin

Postby Bboy505 » 03 Jul 2013, 19:03

Lets go guys I know we can all work together and fight to keep Minecraft Classic Alive! We all are part of the community and I fully agree with void. We all have to step in and do our part as the community to fight for what we all love so dearly : Classic. Everyone who is currently reading this reply... go out into the community and let everyone know to tweet @jeb_ save #minecraftclassic so we can keep what has been with us for so long.

-Mc Classic Hosting Community
Founder of McClassicHosting
Need to contact me? Visit:
irc.geekshed.net
#mcclassichosting, #Panda
Bboy505

Postby joppiesaus » 03 Jul 2013, 19:34

Bboy505 wrote:Lets go guys I know we can all work together and fight to keep Minecraft Classic Alive! We all are part of the community and I fully agree with void. We all have to step in and do our part as the community to fight for what we all love so dearly : Classic. Everyone who is currently reading this reply... go out into the community and let everyone know to tweet @jeb_ save #minecraftclassic so we can keep what has been with us for so long.

-Mc Classic Hosting Community

This will sound funny to all of you...
I have no twitter! :P
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Next

Return to General Chat