XWOM Client MacOS and Linux Version

XWOM Client MacOS and Linux Version

Postby dzienny » 12 Apr 2013, 15:35

XWOM Client
MacOS and Linux version

XWOM Client is a program that let's you connect to minecraft servers and provides hacks like flying and fast movement. It is a wrapper that requires the orginal WoM Client to run. If you don't have the original WoM Client yet you can download it from http://www.worldofminecraft.com .

*HelloWordCool redesigned the logo! (Now there's the name printed.)

Install guide
You probably need 7Zip to unpack the .zip file. 7Zip is a free archiving program.

Java6 is required to run Minecraft Classic. Java7 will probably not let you connect to any servers.
You can download Java6 from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

Linux/Mac:
If you want to run XWoM on your OS follow these steps:

1. Download and unpack the "XWoM_v1.9_Mac_Linux.zip" file (see attachments).

2. Go to www.worldofminecraft.com and download the windows version of WoM.

3. Unpack the windows version of WoM and copy "wom.jar" to XWoM "lib" directory.

4. Run "xwom.sh".

5. Hopefully it works :)

* If not please report by writing a post about your problem in this thread. The more information you include the easier it will be to answear it. You should always write what's your OS and Java version.

You can find XWoM for Windows here.
Attachments
XWoM_v.1.9.3_Mac_Linux.zip
XWoM for MacOS and Linux.
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 1950 times
XWoM_v.1.9.2_Mac_Linux.zip
The old version.
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 1754 times
XWoM_v.1.9.1_Mac_Linux.zip
The old version.
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 1656 times
dzienny
Administrator

Re: XWOM Client MacOS and Linux Version

Postby Knight_Walrus » 14 Apr 2013, 22:16

Following the instructions posted here does not work for me, giving me the following error:

Code: Select all
bash: ./xwom.sh: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

However, the script from a previous installation of xwom works properly, and contains the following code:

#!/bin/sh
java -Xmx832M -Xms832M -jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false lib/Starter.jar

My Operating system is Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64, and my Java version is "1.7.0_15" (OpenJDK 64 bit)
Knight_Walrus

Postby dzienny » 14 Apr 2013, 22:59

Thank you for the report. It seems that the character encoding was incorrect in the previous script. I've just updated it and hopefully it should work for the version 1.9.1. There are no other changes.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Knight_Walrus » 15 Apr 2013, 00:42

The 1.9.1 update doesn't work for me, either. It gives me the same error message as before, and it still starts with the script from the previous installation. Both scripts look exactly the same in my text editor, same code, same positioning on the lines and everything.
Knight_Walrus

Postby dzienny » 16 Apr 2013, 15:16

Knight_Walrus wrote:Both scripts look exactly the same in my text editor, same code, same positioning on the lines and everything.

It turns out they were different by 1 byte. I found the article about the problem that explained how to solve it. So, I used dos2unix program to convert a new line character from the windows type to unix one. I wasn't able to test it, but I'm fairly sure that it was the cause of the problem and the script should work now in the version 1.9.2.
Again, thank you for the feedback. It allowed me to fix the bug.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Knight_Walrus » 16 Apr 2013, 20:45

1.9.2 is working just fine, so that must have been it. I'm glad I could help, and thank you for your time working on this.
Knight_Walrus

Postby GmK » 21 Apr 2013, 14:25

Hey there,

thanks for making a Mac/Linux version.

Am trying to get this to run, but it has troubles with the paths:

Starting the .sh as it is, it cannot find the Starter.jar "Unable to access jarfile lib/Starter.jar", if I edit the .sh to include the whole path to the .jar (e.g. /user/gmk/stuff/superxwom/lib/Starter.jar") it does try to start it, but gives me "Fatal Error, there is a problem with your installation, Native folder is empty" -> Probably because it does not know where to look for the files.

Any way to fix this?
GmK

Postby dzienny » 24 Apr 2013, 11:26

I found an answer to a similar problem on Stackoverflow. It seems that the script is run from the user home directory. This new script should fix this (replace the old xwom.sh with this content):
#!/bin/sh
SOURCE="${BASH_SOURCE[0]}"
DIR="$( dirname "$SOURCE" )"
while [ -h "$SOURCE" ]
do
  SOURCE="$(readlink "$SOURCE")"
  [[ $SOURCE != /* ]] && SOURCE="$DIR/$SOURCE"
  DIR="$( cd -P "$( dirname "$SOURCE"  )" && pwd )"
done
DIR="$( cd -P "$( dirname "$SOURCE" )" && pwd )"

cd "$DIR"

java -Xmx832M -Xms832M -jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false lib/Starter.jar

I don't have Mac, so I'm not able to test it. I just hope it works.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby GmK » 25 Apr 2013, 12:40

Fantastic, it works, thank you so much!
GmK

Postby xxvallexxklyou » 27 May 2013, 21:38

I don't get how to copy and paste the code you gave me Dzienny can you explain further?
xxvallexxklyou

Next

Return to General