XWOM Client - Old Posts

Re: WOM Client Fix [version 1.7]

Postby dzienny » 16 Oct 2012, 18:31

So, this error pops up right after you start xwom.exe? I will look for the potential sources of this problem.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby creativemagic » 16 Oct 2012, 18:52

dzienny wrote:So, this error pops up right after you start xwom.exe?

Yes, exactly.
Owner of...
[Exclusive] Lava Survival
creativemagic

Postby HelloWorldCool » 16 Oct 2012, 21:00

XWOM Version 1.7 First Run

1. I had the old "wom.exe" in the folder and after the files were deployed the old "wom.exe" changed to "wom.old"
sad? :(

2. also what happened to the server list icon?? it seems a little different.
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby matelot2 » 19 Oct 2012, 21:46

I am totally new to this.
I have found this 'fix' after complaining on the WOM site for a few days and tried to load it.
I have put the XWoM_v1.7.rar file into the wom directory and it made no difference.
Isn't a .rar file similar to a zip file? How do I open it?
Or am I doing something else wrong?
matelot2

Postby matelot2 » 19 Oct 2012, 22:53

fixed it!!
I now have WOM back. Thank you Dzienny for all the work you have done. The fix is awsome.
matelot2

Postby matelot2 » 27 Oct 2012, 22:10

27 oct 2200 london time. is wom still down and even with the xwom fix is everybody getting
'you failed to connect to server. its probably down!'
I have been getting this for a few days now trying various ways to connect without success.
Thanks,
Bob.
matelot2

Postby HelloWorldCool » 28 Oct 2012, 02:24

matelot2 wrote:27 oct 2200 london time. is wom still down and even with the xwom fix is everybody getting
'you failed to connect to server. its probably down!'
I have been getting this for a few days now trying various ways to connect without success.
Thanks,
Bob.

It's working for me.

Possible Reasons:
> Your Java Version?
> Are you connecting to others or to your own server? If yours are you using local connect?
> Whether you have a clean copy of womclient?

Side Note: Local connect doesn't seem to work for me. And it does pop up "you failed to connect to the server. it's probably down" In version 1.7 my "wom.exe" disappeared and in it's place was "wom.old" That could possibly have messed up your wom. Double check and download a clean copy of womclient.

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
HelloWorldCool

Postby DaimyoKirby » 29 Oct 2012, 18:35

(I don't mean to be a "creates account to complain" sort of person, but it seemed that this was where people were getting answers, vs. the WOM post.)

I downloaded wom_linux, along with wom-fix_v1.3.rar, since that was the only one that even mentions linux, and I ran into a few errors:
Code: Select all
$ ./wom.bat
./wom.bat: line 1: @echo: command not found
start: invalid option: -j
Try `start --help' for more information.

Now, I have seen that jre7 doesn't like the Wom Client, so I installed OpenJDK 6:
$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.5) (6b24-1.11.5-0ubuntu1~12.04.1)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode, sharing)

Additional info - I'm running Zorin OS 6 (which is really just Ubuntu 12.04), with, as seen above, OpenJDK 6, installed from the Ubuntu Software Center. I do have Oracle JRE 7 installed, but I'm loath to remove it since it was a bit of a bother to get on in the first place.
DaimyoKirby

Postby DaimyoKirby » 30 Oct 2012, 17:26

HelloWorldCool - Since registering so recently, I can't PM you back, so I'm going to have to post my reply here.

It seems that linux is not recognizing the "@echo" part of the .bat, as well as the "-jar" in the second line. Also, I downloaded the latest Oracle JRE 6 (jre-6u37-linux-i586.bin), and after extracting it like so:
$ chmod 755 jre-6u37-linux-i586.bin
$ sudo ./jre-6u37-linux-i586.bin

It created a root directory in my home directory called "jre1.6.0_37", which is a fresh install of the latest Oracle JRE 6.
So to enable using that instead of the default Oracle JRE 7, I added to the .bat a classpath change:
@echo off
start javaw -cp /home/alden/jre1.6.0_37 -jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false lib/Starter.jar

And this was the result:
$ ./wom.bat
start: invalid option: -c

So my question is this: Is there a way to actually get this XWoM fix to work on Linux, or has classic reached the end of the line for Linux users?
DaimyoKirby

Postby HelloWorldCool » 31 Oct 2012, 21:41

DaimyoKirby wrote:And this was the result:
$ ./wom.bat
start: invalid option: -c

So my question is this: Is there a way to actually get this XWoM fix to work on Linux, or has classic reached the end of the line for Linux users?

As Linux is not my default operating system, it will be hard for me to answer your question. However, we can definitely do a series of tests to figure out a way to get XWoM working on your Linux.

First off, I just want to make sure which version of XWoM you have. You might have missed 1.7 (download/file.php?id=105)

HelloWorldCool

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat