XWOM Client - Old Posts

Re: XWOM Client [version 1.9]

Postby blockboy03 » 08 Mar 2013, 00:12

Alrighty
blockboy03

Postby lordnt » 08 Mar 2013, 20:37

Westbeam wrote:I can't play with version 1.3 on Linux. I Still get the "Authentication error" and the newer versions of XWoM don't work with WINE. Sadly I can play Minecraft Classic only with WoM, because the browser-client doesn't work for me. Will there be a new linux version?

I have it working in linux with out WINE.. PM me for details. :D
lordnt

Postby lordnt » 08 Mar 2013, 21:22

This information is incorrect.
Linux/Mac:
If you already have the client and you have problem with authentication/server list then follow these

steps:

1. Download "wom-fix.zip" file.

2. Extract "wom-fix.zip" to your current WOM directory.

3. Move files "mcdzienny.cba.pl.jar" and "Starter.jar" to "lib" folder.

4. Place files "wom.bat" and "wom_debug.bat" in the main WOM directory.

5. Now you can start "wom.bat" (not wom.exe!, otherwise it won't work).

6. Enjoy! :)
lordnt

Postby Knight_Walrus » 25 Mar 2013, 01:28

The XWoM Linux fix no longer works for me. Following the directions with the wom-fix (1.3) gives me the following error after trying to log in:

Fatal error:
Error launching wom client:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

I tried following what lordnt told the fella having trouble with it on his mac to do, and it gave me an error about the native folder being empty, because it only had a windows subdirectory in there. After copying native/linux from my linux wom directory to the other wom directory, it launches the login portion, but when I enter my credentials, the window vanishes, and nothing seems to happen, though java is still running.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64, I'm using OpenJDK 6, and the output of java -version gives me:

java version "1.6.0_27"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.12.3) (6b27-1.12.3-0ubuntu1~12.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

I would appreciate any help if anyone can offer it.
Knight_Walrus

Postby PhilipT97 » 27 Mar 2013, 03:46

Knight_Walrus wrote:Fatal error:

This is a pain. I spent 2 hours using remote desktop trying to set up WoM/XWoM for my friend who uses a Mac. After a long setup (not really knowing what I was doing, being mainly a windows user), I am greeted by this. So we decide to use his Windows virtual machine (Using VMWare). It turns out java isn't installed. I install java 7, and run XWoM. Same error. I google the issue, it says that the java version is too up to date, that I need to be using Java 6. I uninstall java 7, install java 6, run XWoM, and am greeted by...

Code: Select all
PhilipT97

Postby blockboy03 » 28 Mar 2013, 19:32

PM LordNT, He will give you an Xwom Client for mac, as he did to me,
lordnt wrote:
blockboy03 wrote:Hey, I need that XWOM mac copy you said Email me it, my email is blockboy136@gmail.com
I prefer that email instead of blockboy76@gmail.com or blockboy261@gmail.com so dont send it to either one of those just blockboy136@gmail.com

I hope it works and I hope you have a good day, btw what version is it going to be? like 1.9 or 1.3?

I got so enthused about it i decided to repackage it into an app. I found my old hackintosh hdd
hooked it up and got to work. It is tested and works perfectly on my server here @ home.
I will send the XWoM 1.9.dmg to the blockboy136@gmail.com. Mount the disk image by dbl clicking on it. then open the disk and drag XWoM 1.9 to Applications to install. Please give all credits to MCDzienney. :D Have a good one!

Just send him a PM And he will send a xwom 1.9 to ur email, just give him ur email, The one u mostly use or any one, whatever, but just PM him and he'll give you one as he did to me.
All Credits goto Dzienny btw.
blockboy03

Postby lordnt » 30 Mar 2013, 00:32

Knight_Walrus wrote:The XWoM Linux fix no longer works for me. Following the directions with the wom-fix (1.3) gives me the following error after trying to log in:

Fatal error:

I tried following what lordnt told the fella having trouble with it on his mac to do, and it gave me an error about the native folder being empty, because it only had a windows subdirectory in there. After copying native/linux from my linux wom directory to the other wom directory, it launches the login portion, but when I enter my credentials, the window vanishes, and nothing seems to happen, though java is still running.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64, I'm using OpenJDK 6, and the output of java -version gives me:

java version "1.6.0_27"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.12.3) (6b27-1.12.3-0ubuntu1~12.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

I would appreciate any help if anyone can offer it.

Sure the reason the window disappears is because of a video issue could be due to incompatibilities in the Xwindows drivers or you need to add this to your start script.

java -Xmx832M -Xms832M -jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false lib/Starter.jar
lordnt

Postby lordnt » 30 Mar 2013, 00:37

blockboy03 wrote:PM LordNT, He will give you an Xwom Client for mac, as he did to me,
lordnt wrote:
blockboy03 wrote:Hey, I need that XWOM mac copy you said Email me it, my email is blockboy136@gmail.com
I prefer that email instead of blockboy76@gmail.com or blockboy261@gmail.com so dont send it to either one of those just blockboy136@gmail.com

I hope it works and I hope you have a good day, btw what version is it going to be? like 1.9 or 1.3?

I got so enthused about it i decided to repackage it into an app. I found my old hackintosh hdd
hooked it up and got to work. It is tested and works perfectly on my server here @ home.
I will send the XWoM 1.9.dmg to the blockboy136@gmail.com. Mount the disk image by dbl clicking on it. then open the disk and drag XWoM 1.9 to Applications to install. Please give all credits to MCDzienney. :D Have a good one!

Just send him a PM And he will send a xwom 1.9 to ur email, just give him ur email, The one u mostly use or any one, whatever, but just PM him and he'll give you one as he did to me.
All Credits goto Dzienny btw.

Thanks for the props and the reply!
lordnt

Postby lordnt » 30 Mar 2013, 00:40

PhilipT97 wrote:
Knight_Walrus wrote:Fatal error:

This is a pain. I spent 2 hours using remote desktop trying to set up WoM/XWoM for my friend who uses a Mac. After a long setup (not really knowing what I was doing, being mainly a windows user), I am greeted by this. So we decide to use his Windows virtual machine (Using VMWare). It turns out java isn't installed. I install java 7, and run XWoM. Same error. I google the issue, it says that the java version is too up to date, that I need to be using Java 6. I uninstall java 7, install java 6, run XWoM, and am greeted by...

Unless "graphics hardware acceleration" is enabled in the VM the client will not work also remoting in via a remote desktop (vnc) (apple remote desktop) will also fail because of no hardware acceleration.
lordnt

Postby Knight_Walrus » 05 Apr 2013, 22:31

Thank you very much, lordnt! Adding that to the script worked like a charm, and I am able to get on Classic again.
Knight_Walrus

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat