XWOM Client - Old Posts

Re: XWOM Client [version 1.9]

Postby HelloWorldCool » 02 Mar 2013, 00:02

blockboy03 wrote:I've been trying to download this sence 2012 now -_- I Cannot find the Wom Directory, I have no idea what it even is, is it a file, is it a folder? or is it just in the wom packages next by Contents, Btw I'm on mac, I have no idea what a wom directory is, so please help me

Hey block!

try: http://www.worldofminecraft.com/tutoria ... client_osx
Read the tutorial, and also read:

dzienny wrote:
Install guide
You need WinRAR or 7Zip to unpack the .rar file. Both of these programs are free to use. 7Zip comes with Linux and MacOS versions.

Java6 is required to run Minecraft Classic. Java7 will probably not let you connect to any servers.
You can download Java6 from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp]

Linux/Mac:
If you already have the client and you have problem with authentication/server list then follow these

steps:

1. Download "wom-fix.zip" file.

2. Extract "wom-fix.zip" to your current WOM directory.

3. Move files "mcdzienny.cba.pl.jar" and "Starter.jar" to "lib" folder.

4. Place files "wom.bat" and "wom_debug.bat" in the main WOM directory.

5. Now you can start "wom.bat" (not wom.exe!, otherwise it won't work).

6. Enjoy! :)

You should also pm dzienny if it doesn't work for you...
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby blockboy03 » 05 Mar 2013, 20:08

I already have wom, I have everything I need, I just need to know what the heck a Wom Directory is.
blockboy03

Postby toystory_justin » 06 Mar 2013, 00:32

blockboy03 wrote:I already have wom, I have everything I need, I just need to know what the heck a Wom Directory is.

Wom folder, you make one in your desktop(call it nything) then place your wom there, then copy xWom and place it in your wom folder in desktop

Kindly Regards,
toystory_justin
toystory_justin

Postby blockboy03 » 06 Mar 2013, 03:24

I'm on mac, Windows is easier but XWOM is not for mac, It does not work, inless dzienny fixes it or something, I tried everything, wom.bat will just not open
blockboy03

Postby toystory_justin » 06 Mar 2013, 10:00

blockboy03 wrote:I'm on mac, Windows is easier but XWOM is not for mac, It does not work, inless dzienny fixes it or something, I tried everything, wom.bat will just not open

Sorry, didn't read
toystory_justin

Postby lordnt » 06 Mar 2013, 20:19

I would be interested in applying a mini-map to the XWoM client. I have server side and client side code to review. I am not very good @ decompiling Java and would like suggestions on how to add to to XWoM if possiable.

Thanks in advance,
Lord_NT
lordnt

Postby lordnt » 06 Mar 2013, 20:30

toystory_justin wrote:
blockboy03 wrote:I'm on mac, Windows is easier but XWOM is not for mac, It does not work, inless dzienny fixes it or something, I tried everything, wom.bat will just not open

Sorry, didn't read

I might be able to help. I know that the Java code used to hook WoM for XWoM is installed after the exe is ran in windows.
Therefore you need to install XWoM on a Windows machine 1st to get the code needed to install on a MAC. Being that i dont own an Intel Mac your mileage may vary but i believe this will work.

1: D/L and Install WoM in Windows
2: D/L and Install XWoM in Windows
3: Copy the entire directory to your Mac
4: Copy this script to the directory you just copied and make it executable
"use a text editor like simpletext and save it as wom.sh"
"to make executable open the terminal go to where you saved wom.sh and enter chmod 777 wom.sh"

<code>
#!/bin/sh

java -Xmx832M -Xms832M -jar lib/Starter.jar
<code/>

run ./wom.sh in the terminal

Should work! :D
lordnt

Postby lordnt » 06 Mar 2013, 20:45

I might be able to help. I know that the Java code used to hook WoM for XWoM is installed after the exe is ran in windows.
Therefore you need to install XWoM on a Windows machine 1st to get the code needed to install on a MAC. Being that i dont own an Intel Mac your mileage may vary but i believe this will work.

1: D/L and Install WoM in Windows

2: D/L and Install XWoM in Windows

3: D/L the Mac Version of WoM

4: Copy the entire directory XWoM from Windows to your Mac

5: Open a Terminal goto the Mac version of WoM and copy the /WoM.app/Contents/Resources/Java/natives directory to the XWoM Directory and overwrite what is there

6: Copy this script to the XWoM directory you just copied and make it executable
"use a text editor like simpletext and save it as wom.sh"
"to make wom.sh executable open the terminal go to where you saved wom.sh and enter in the terminal chmod 777 wom.sh"

<code>
#!/bin/sh

java -Xmx832M -Xms832M -jar lib/Starter.jar
</code>

run ./wom.sh in the terminal

Should work! :D
lordnt

Postby blockboy03 » 06 Mar 2013, 23:17

This is too confuseing XD I'm not as smart as you think I am, I tried doing this I got lost and it diden't work O.O
blockboy03

Postby lordnt » 07 Mar 2013, 14:19

Well that is what needs to be done to get it working on a Mac. I am sorry that you cant get it working.. You might try again and do a little research. Ignore the 1st post the forum cut me off while i was editing. If you want my code that i have to try you can msg me and i will e-mail you a copy.
lordnt

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat