plz omniban mtncswes

Re: plz omniban mtncswes

Postby fizzygillespie » 03 May 2012, 21:29

Can those lava blocks kill though? And he was a major greifer as well[/quote]
Yes.. They do kill. I think all lava types kill except for /lava.

And my ops join very frequently.. One of my most loyal ops almost has 100 hours in. It's cool.
fizzygillespie

Postby dryfly21 » 04 May 2012, 04:30

Well that all cool and all but its not just about you two its for the whole of MCDzienny software users and to help the new server owners and other (pro) or (old) servers that don't go to this site to see what is happening (besides for updates) I just wanted to try and help and warn others/to stop this player that caused a major problem

Also all the lava blocks cmds were set to op and + so I don't know how he did it it is kinda like the treasure glitch were you spawn treasure even tho you can't use the cmd (I saw that and I xbaned him but still)
dryfly21

Postby dzienny » 07 May 2012, 14:12

I don't believe that omnibanning a player can mitigate the common problem with griefers. And even omnibanning houndreds of players would most likely help only little. Also there would be a serious problem about how to deal with requests for unbanning.

The only sensible system I can think of that could potentially work are shared banned lists. The servers would publish and update their banned lists automatically, and other servers that trust the source could implement the list for their verification process, so that a player banned on a selected by you, trusted server would be automatically banned on your server as well.

However it's quite complicated and it would take a lot of time to implement. You shouldn't expect this feature to come anytime soon.

dryfly21 wrote:Also all the lava blocks cmds were set to op and + so I don't know how he did it it is kinda like the treasure glitch were you spawn treasure even tho you can't use the cmd (I saw that and I xbaned him but still)

It's possible that there was an active lava block already on a map, for example as a part of the map design, and it was just re-activated by the player.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby dryfly21 » 08 May 2012, 04:16

dzienny wrote:I don't believe that omnibanning a player can mitigate the common problem with griefers. And even omnibanning houndreds of players would most likely help only little. Also there would be a serious problem about how to deal with requests for unbanning.

The only sensible system I can think of that could potentially work are shared banned lists. The servers would publish and update their banned lists automatically, and other servers that trust the source could implement the list for their verification process, so that a player banned on a selected by you, trusted server would be automatically banned on your server as well.

However it's quite complicated and it would take a lot of time to implement. You shouldn't expect this feature to come anytime soon.

dryfly21 wrote:Also all the lava blocks cmds were set to op and + so I don't know how he did it it is kinda like the treasure glitch were you spawn treasure even tho you can't use the cmd (I saw that and I xbaned him but still)

It's possible that there was an active lava block already on a map, for example as a part of the map design, and it was just re-activated by the player.

the lava source idk I was never able to find it :-/ and thx for replying and also ok I think that possible update could be useful/helpful for the people as a whole and all of those that use your software. omniban is a bit extreme so yea :-/ I still think the hosters should warned though just in case but it dosnt matter I guess I just wanna help keep all the servers safe from harm

Good day to you sir
dryfly21

Postby jetsviewfromcod1 » 19 Aug 2012, 00:10

Sorry for bumping old topic but yes i think he should be omnibanned
He was griefing my server and randomly deleting levels
jetsviewfromcod1

Previous

Return to General Chat