yet another problem i'm having.

yet another problem i'm having.

Postby the_evil_one44 » 05 Oct 2013, 20:48

for 5 blissful days the server was up and working fine due to everyone's help, but then I encountered another problem.

I opened it, and a message came up from firewall saying it had blocked certain aspects, I clicked "allow this program to run" and I went on extreme whilst it was up. but then someone on there told me they tried to connect to it but it wasn't on the list. I tried to get on myself and I couldn't get on. (bare in mind this is all portfowarded and it did work for a fair bit.)

i reloaded it and the same firewall messgage came up, i pressed allow again and i noticed something. there was no link in the bit where the link normally is. it just opened up and started the infection normally but no (translation): sminecraft.net link: minecraft.net/classic/play/sfdsfisatusdigidsthwituawetd.

anyone know why this is?
the_evil_one44

Re: yet another problem i'm having.

Postby HelloWorldCool » 05 Oct 2013, 21:31

If you are an admin on your COMPUTER, I would say it isn't your fault. Firewall is usually not a problem for admins; you can easily check by disabling your firewall and starting the server.

Next: when did you start your server? What day, and time?
I know that minecraft.net goes down sometimes, and that may be cause of the problem.
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby HETAL » 06 Oct 2013, 00:57

Delete the externalurl.txt and you will get a new url hopefully.
YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST OF ME ISMELLIKE
HETAL

Postby the_evil_one44 » 06 Oct 2013, 09:05

I have sorted out my firewall and whilst it was disabled on there it didn't fix the problem. I have deleted externalurl.txt and still no luck.

the_evil_one44

Postby _Retaliate_ » 06 Oct 2013, 11:56

the_evil_one44 wrote:I have sorted out my firewall and whilst it was disabled on there it didn't fix the problem. I have deleted externalurl.txt and still no luck.

Try maybe running mcdzienny with admin rights?
_Retaliate_

Postby dzienny » 06 Oct 2013, 12:58

the_evil_one44 wrote:I have sorted out my firewall and whilst it was disabled on there it didn't fix the problem. I have deleted externalurl.txt and still no luck.

It seems that some external program blocks connections from the server. It may be a firewall or something similar. You can confirm it by turning off the firewall, restarting the computer and testing MCDzienny. If it works then the problem is in the firewall configuration. Of course turn firewall on again when everything is sorted out.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby joppiesaus » 06 Oct 2013, 13:35

Do you have a evil virus scanner? Maybe turn that off.
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Postby HelloWorldCool » 06 Oct 2013, 16:06

joppiesaus wrote:

Do you have a evil virus scanner? Maybe turn that off.

Haha!! What is a evil virus scanner, i've never heard of it. It sounds hilarous because you're replying to "the_evil_one44" :twisted:
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Return to How-To