How To| Make A Professional Server.

How To| Make A Professional Server.

Postby Remmington1999 » 05 Jul 2013, 17:43

Okay, so I made this post because I log onto server's and I see that the rules, repeating messages, tips, etc. have shortcuts like 'u' instead of 'you' and a bunch of spelling mistakes and i'm making this to show people how to make professional server. (Because to me the more professional a server is the more people want to play on it.)

1. Don't use any shortcuts in your rules/tips/repeating messages/ etc.
2. Make sure to spell correctly.
3. Use a legit rule list, not one that has a rule that says 'Don't f**cking swear. (That's hypocrite).
4. Keep control of your server. (Examples below)
Make sure your staff isn't abusing commands.
Check logs to make sure people aren't swearing and check them to see if people yell "[Username] is griefing!
Don't promote people because it's a new server and you need staff, promote them because you trust them.
Don't let your staff build maps that take up half the map. In my opinion staff should have to keep their houses the same size as the non-staff.
Have a server website for ban appeals/reporting griefers/server suggestions/etc.

Alright, i'm all done. I hope this helped some people making their server's more professional.
Remmington1999

Re: How To| Make A Professional Server.

Postby Clowny » 14 Jul 2013, 17:54

Well some people make servers to just mess around and they allow swearing and all of the sort but yeah if you want to have more of a good professional server this would be a good concept to follow. I have to agree with you, when people take shortcuts like u instead of you in things like rules and announcements.. that's so unnecessary use the correct wording are people really that lazy.
Founder Of MC Classic Hosting Community http://mcclassichosting.webs.com
Founder of MC Classic Software MCReborn http://mcreborn.tk
Professional Hoster and Basic C# Coder
Clowny

Return to How-To