OutOfMemory Exceptions, Native Stacktraces with gdl.

Re: OutOfMemory Exceptions, Native Stacktraces with gdl.

Postby Hawkzy » 23 Jul 2011, 03:56

Okay, running it with that switch now, will let you know how it goes.

In other news, I used the new Updater.exe to update to 5.5 and when I do, I go and try to start the server and it says Starting Server and about ten seconds later, it produces two errors in the logs and says Bye!
The first error I'm not worrying about because it happens every time I open it yet it all works fine. The second error, however, produces:
Code: Select all
----7/23/2011 6:41:41 AM ----
Type: NullReferenceException
Source: MCDzienny_
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Target: LoadLavaMapsXML
Trace:   at MCDzienny.LavaSystem.LoadLavaMapsXML () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MCDzienny.Server.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MCDzienny_.Gui.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I was thinking at first it might've been the maps.txt because the maps.txt is written in XML (I think :S) but when I used 'cat maps.txt' to check, it all looked fine like it did in 5.4. Has an update changed the way the software reads the maps files?
Hawkzy

Postby dzienny » 23 Jul 2011, 17:36

Hawkzy wrote:Okay, running it with that switch now, will let you know how it goes.

In other news, I used the new Updater.exe to update to 5.5 and when I do, I go and try to start the server and it says Starting Server and about ten seconds later, it produces two errors in the logs and says Bye!
The first error I'm not worrying about because it happens every time I open it yet it all works fine. The second error, however, produces:
Code: Select all
----7/23/2011 6:41:41 AM ----
Type: NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Target: LoadLavaMapsXML
Trace:   at MCDzienny.LavaSystem.LoadLavaMapsXML () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MCDzienny.Server.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MCDzienny_.Gui.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I was thinking at first it might've been the maps.txt because the maps.txt is written in XML (I think :S) but when I used 'cat maps.txt' to check, it all looked fine like it did in 5.4. Has an update changed the way the software reads the maps files?

The bug should be fixed in the newest release. It was caused by the reference to the window instance, but there was none initialized since, I guess, you run the server in CLI mode. By the way, you should be able to get GUI with mono if you need it. It won't be as nice as Windows version but still something. Also you can update your software by using /update command in-game, it should automatically restart the server afterwards, but it will start the server without the garbage collector switch. If this switch is going to work for you i may add it to the updater.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Hawkzy » 24 Jul 2011, 03:46

Yeah, the switch works perfectly for me. The first time, it raised to like 1GB of usage and crashed but the second time it's been up for almost 17 hours and it's stable around 450MB to 500MB of usage. Would be appreciated if you could implement the switch into it 'cos it may help others who may be having the same issue. For now, I'll stay on 5.4 until 5.7 is out :) Loving the software, by the way. Great responses from both you and godofwar :)
Hawkzy

Postby Hawkzy » 25 Jul 2011, 07:55

Another issue, I just updated to 1.7 and when I run it with both --gc=sgen and without, I get:

----7/25/2011 10:42:41 AM ----
Type: TypeLoadException
Target: Execute
Trace: at MonoTorrent.Client.MainLoop+DelegateTask.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

-------------------------
Hawkzy

Postby dzienny » 25 Jul 2011, 11:18

I am not sure if it's mono specific error, but made some changes that may resolve this issue. Check out the version 5.8.
dzienny
Administrator

Postby Hawkzy » 26 Jul 2011, 08:49

Okay, just updated to 2.0.0.0 and it seems to be working fine. The error was because the folder lacked the IRCLibrary.dll which I thought was optional. I put it in the folder and now it works fine. Will keep an eye on the RAM usage but for now it's all good. Thank you so much for the help you've given me this past week. I'll be sure to recommend the software! :)
Hawkzy

Previous

Return to Help