Ubuntu Server: Running MCDzienny

Ubuntu Server: Running MCDzienny

Postby HelloWorldCool » 16 Jun 2014, 04:24

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but I have just recently begun starting a server on a VPS(Ubuntu). Could someone help me comprehend and fix these errors?

Error after using
Code: Select all
mono MCDziennyCLI.exe

root@HWCSERVER:~/MCDzienny# mono MCDziennyCLI.exe
Missing method get_StartupPath in assembly /root/MCDzienny/MCDzienny_.dll, type System.Windows.Forms.Application

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for MCDzienny.Server ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at StarterCLI.ProgramCli.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for MCDzienny.Server ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at StarterCLI.ProgramCli.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

error after command
mono MCDzienny.exe

root@HWCSERVER:~/MCDzienny# mono MCDzienny.exe
Missing field showWarning in class MCDzienny.Gui.Window (type token 16777256)

Unhandled Exception:
System.MissingFieldException: Field 'MCDzienny.Gui.Window.showWarning' not found.
  at Starter.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.MissingFieldException: Field 'MCDzienny.Gui.Window.showWarning' not found.
  at Starter.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks Linux users,
HelloWorldCool
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Re: Ubuntu Server: Running MCDzienny

Postby HETAL » 17 Jun 2014, 02:14

I haven't gotten these errors before on my Ubuntu VPS but try "mono --gc=sgen MCDziennyCLI.exe", also did you install mono completely? (sudo apt-get install mono-complete)
YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST OF ME ISMELLIKE
HETAL

Postby HelloWorldCool » 17 Jun 2014, 03:56

HETAL wrote:I haven't gotten these errors before on my Ubuntu VPS but try "mono --gc=sgen MCDziennyCLI.exe", also did you install mono completely? (sudo apt-get install mono-complete)

I thought I installed it completely, but I guess not. I redid the command you posted in parentheses and it worked. It turns out I can use mono MCDziennyCLI.exe just fine. :D

The guide I used didn't quite tell me to do
sudo apt-get install mono-complete

http://wiki.phonicuk.com/Installing-Mono-in-Ubuntu.ashx

Now I can run a Minecraft Classic Server 24/7, maybe just for *testing* purposes now though.

Thanks for your help HETAL. <ok>
HelloWorldCool

P.S. Because you're active and you helped me, don't know if you know yet but check this out: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1077

I'm going to try to install Lite/Stable(if I get this down) on my VPS server, then get it running soon.
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby HETAL » 18 Jun 2014, 00:23

Nice :D
YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST OF ME ISMELLIKE
HETAL

Return to Help