People can't join?

People can't join?

Postby Maximumride67 » 17 May 2014, 02:33

I've been trying to host my server for a bit of time now, and it works perfectly. Except for the fact that other people can't join. And I know it's ported and/or it should work because it used to work and I didn't change anything.

It doesn't show in the console that someone is trying to join either. It started happening about a month to two months ago.

Only I can join, but others cannot. My computer did say my Virtual Memory was low, but I added more and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

And again, I never had to port and I know this because I hosted using the same exact server files months and months ago.
Maximumride67

Re: People can't join?

Postby Leeizazombie » 17 May 2014, 16:05

You told me before that you use a Dial-Up connection. How are you certain that you have a port forwarded?
Owner of:
LeeIzaZombie Freebuild and Lava Survival V2 (Shut Down and updated)
LeeIzaZombie Survival (Comming back soon)

IRC: irc.geekshed.net, #leeizazombie, #mcclassichosting
Leeizazombie

Postby Maximumride67 » 17 May 2014, 19:13

I never had to port. I ran a server for about a year. And it always allowed people to join. I used to be able to just follow these steps and then people could join:

1) Download the software wanted
2) Extract files
3) Turn on the server
4) Edit the properties
5) Restart
6) Join the server
7) *Several minutes later* Other people join

I always used to do that. And I never used a router, nor have I even changed the ports on the server. Never had to.
For about a year, it worked and people came and went, now, noone can join.

I've been trying to see what's wrong with it but I can't tell if something is..
Maximumride67

Postby HelloWorldCool » 17 May 2014, 23:59

Maximumride67 wrote:I've been trying to host my server for a bit of time now, and it works perfectly. Except for the fact that other people can't join. And I know it's ported and/or it should work because it used to work and I didn't change anything.

It doesn't show in the console that someone is trying to join either. It started happening about a month to two months ago.

Only I can join, but others cannot. My computer did say my Virtual Memory was low, but I added more and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

And again, I never had to port and I know this because I hosted using the same exact server files months and months ago.

My first answer for you is check your firewall...if it is on turn it off. ( or you may want to allow the app through your firewall)
>How did this happen? You may have Windows updates on or you got a new computer.

My second common answer is: Classic is becoming extinct and players are migrating to Dev(Final MC).
Download fCraft maps! - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3012!

Note: The Developer(s) of MCDzienny have resigned and the software is no longer supported.
Errors are bound to occur and Mojang has not attempted to resolve them.
HelloWorldCool

Postby Maximumride67 » 18 May 2014, 02:36

OMG Thanks HelloWorld. I checked my firewall, and my little brother had decided to change it to on...

It works! Thanks so much :D
Maximumride67

Return to Help