Port Forwarding Problems

Port Forwarding Problems

Postby Alshima » 24 Jan 2014, 06:51

So one of the main reasons why I had to shutdown my servers permanently was because of port forwarding issues. Here is some information labeled about my router and etc.

NETGEAR Router WNR2000v3

and well while trying to port forward 25565

It looks like this

Service name : Minecraft
Protocal: TCP/UDP
Starting port: 25565
Ending port: 25565
Server IP Address: 192.168.1.9 (<-- My IPv4 Address)

and when ever I try to port forward it I get this message:

"The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port Forwarding, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type."

Well that was all. I couldn't really find anything online but other things that weren't relatable to my router.. Idk if I need a static ip, but I really need help on this. Thanks!!

-Alshima, _Alshima_
Alshima

Re: Port Forwarding Problems

Postby joppiesaus » 24 Jan 2014, 07:55

I think that the port 25565 already is port-forwarded.
Maybe remove that port-forwarded port, and then add them again, but how you want it.
Or, if that doesn't work out, port forward for example 25566, and set the port of MCDzienny to 25566!

Static IP could be nice, in the how-to section are plenty of tutorials of them.

Besides that, you shouldn't give up on your servers just because some piece of plastic doesn't function as you want. ;)
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Postby Alshima » 25 Jan 2014, 04:27

joppiesaus wrote:I think that the port 25565 already is port-forwarded.
Maybe remove that port-forwarded port, and then add them again, but how you want it.
Or, if that doesn't work out, port forward for example 25566, and set the port of MCDzienny to 25566!

Static IP could be nice, in the how-to section are plenty of tutorials of them.

Besides that, you shouldn't give up on your servers just because some piece of plastic doesn't function as you want. ;)

Well since school took up most of my free time.. I kind of just stopped :cry:. After I stopped for awhile to show my friend how to port forward. I removed all of the ports (which were 6 ports). Then tried to port forward and got that message. I tried 25565, 25566 and the rest of my ports. Idk what else to do :(
Alshima

Postby joppiesaus » 26 Jan 2014, 09:22

Alshima wrote:Well since school took up most of my free time.. I kind of just stopped :cry:. After I stopped for awhile to show my friend how to port forward. I removed all of the ports (which were 6 ports). Then tried to port forward and got that message. I tried 25565, 25566 and the rest of my ports. Idk what else to do :(

I really have no idea how to fix this, sorry!
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Postby Alshima » 18 Mar 2014, 07:29

joppiesaus wrote:
Alshima wrote:Well since school took up most of my free time.. I kind of just stopped :cry:. After I stopped for awhile to show my friend how to port forward. I removed all of the ports (which were 6 ports). Then tried to port forward and got that message. I tried 25565, 25566 and the rest of my ports. Idk what else to do :(

I really have no idea how to fix this, sorry!

Ah, I was able to fix this problem. I just had to turn off my router and turn it back on :P. Thank you anyways, I look forward to being on here often after I totally forgot about the forums here. I've been working on some new MC servers as well ;)
Alshima

Postby Leeizazombie » 18 Mar 2014, 08:34

Welcome back. :)
Owner of:
LeeIzaZombie Freebuild and Lava Survival V2 (Shut Down and updated)
LeeIzaZombie Survival (Comming back soon)

IRC: irc.geekshed.net, #leeizazombie, #mcclassichosting
Leeizazombie

Return to Help