MCDzienny hosting software

MCDzienny hosting software

Postby BMXMINER » 18 Dec 2013, 22:56

Now ive previously used the software to run a server from home , but am looking to have the server running 24/7 , so i thought id look into paid hosting , after much research i found a cheap place , only to run around 15 slots , i then started getting into FTP problems etc. This isnt my question though. MY main problem is that am i able to make (or you make) the MCDzienny lava software change from a .exe file to a .jar file , and it still work . becuase all the hosting companies only support .jar running files , so i thought the best people to ask would be the creators. Now it may sound stupid wanting to do this , paying for it an all , but all i want to know is , is it possible to make it a .jar , if anybody can help me it will be amazing , been searching for a while on how to do this but am having no luck myself.
TotalMonster Lava Survial Owner
BMXMINER

Re: MCDzienny hosting software

Postby Leeizazombie » 18 Dec 2013, 23:06

It doesn't sound possible or it might take a lot of work, the best "I" can do is direct you to this type of idea and you can ponder with it http://softadvice.informer.com/How_To_C ... _File.html
I don't expect it to work although!
Owner of:
LeeIzaZombie Freebuild and Lava Survival V2 (Shut Down and updated)
LeeIzaZombie Survival (Comming back soon)

IRC: irc.geekshed.net, #leeizazombie, #mcclassichosting
Leeizazombie

Postby joppiesaus » 19 Dec 2013, 16:55

It's not possible. A .exe file is a compiled executable binary, and a .jar is a Java compiled executable which runs on the Java virtual machine.
It's like vegetables and eggs, you can't just convert 'em.
There's no possible way to do this, thought .jar to .exe is possible.

Hope you got better luck next time. :/
joppiesaus

Location: in a obsedian house, with glass in it so i can see the lava!

Postby HETAL » 20 Dec 2013, 16:27

I used to run my server on a Ubuntu VPS mostly because Ubuntu servers are more stable than Windows Servers and I used mono to launch the CLI.exe and it works fine :D I recommend you get a Linux flavors VPS and use ssh/sftp to get into it.
YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST OF ME ISMELLIKE
HETAL

Postby BMXMINER » 27 Dec 2013, 21:52

Okay , so instead of making a new thread i was wondering if someone doesnt mind helping me again? im going to use a VPS , as its possible , i just need help in how i setup MCDzienny within the VPS , if someone doesnt mind helping me jut message me on here , ill reply to you as soon as i can , i check my messages daily so it wont be a long wait , thanks to whoever can
TotalMonster Lava Survial Owner
BMXMINER

Return to Help