no lava on maps i put on my server

no lava on maps i put on my server

Postby zeek124 » 04 Sep 2013, 16:33

I just put a bunch of lava maps on my server and i dont know how to get a lava spawn on them can you please help
zeek124

Re: no lava on maps i put on my server

Postby Clowny » 04 Sep 2013, 22:28

by that do you mean you put in or made custom maps..?
Founder Of MC Classic Hosting Community http://mcclassichosting.webs.com
Founder of MC Classic Software MCReborn http://mcreborn.tk
Professional Hoster and Basic C# Coder
Clowny

Postby zeek124 » 05 Sep 2013, 00:51

i put in lava maps i got on here
zeek124

Postby Warren1001 » 05 Sep 2013, 01:27

Navigate to your maps.txt inside your lava folder, but not in the maps folder.
This is what the server reads as far as spawning lava etc.
Copy and paste an entry like before, making sure it's identical to the rest, and change what is inside the quotes.
To get the x, y, and z coordinates, go onto the map on your server, type /b (/about) and type in the x, y, and z coordinates into the maps.txt from the /b command.
Example:
I make a 128 by 128 by 128 map called 'twins' and it does NOT have walls around the edge of the map. The format of the entry would be:
Code: Select all
  <Map name="twins" phase1="0" phase2="0" author="Warren1001">
    <Source block="ahl" x="127" y="127" z="127" type="" delay="0" />
  </Map>

The reason why the coordinates are 127 and not 128 is because the first coordinate starts with 0, so to have 128 blocks, it ends with 127. I'm not 100% sure that it's like that for every axis, but I'm sure it's like that for the x and z.
To explain what each thing is:
Map name is the name of the map (obviously).
phase1 and phase2 do not need to be messed with, plus I have no idea what they do but it's not needed.
author is the name of the person(s) who made the map.
Source block="ahl"; the source block means what type of lava block it spawns. AHL stands for active_hot_lava. There are many other types of lava if you look in the block permission settings in the properties part of your server GUI.
x, y, and z are the coordinates (or place in the map) where the source block (ahl/active_hot_lava) is spawned.
I do not know what type does...
delay is the amount of time to wait to place the source block after the lava has started. For example, say half way throughout the round after the lava has started, you want meteors to fall. You can set the source block to whatever the name of meteor is, and then change the delay to half of what you have the after lava has started set to (it's in seconds, so 5 minutes is 300 seconds, which is what you would type in).
Warren1001

Postby zeek124 » 05 Sep 2013, 16:25

I got it thanks for the help ;)
zeek124

Return to Help