Virus -.-

Virus -.-

Postby Warren1001 » 04 Jun 2013, 16:32

I was dumb enough to use a program my friend had found and said it worked, which it did, but apparently, it also shuts down your computer every time you try to start it up.
Like, I'll start my computer, a little blue light comes up when its starting up, and I see the blue light for maybe half a second.
Anybody know of a way to fix?
Warren1001

Re: Virus -.-

Postby ismellike » 04 Jun 2013, 16:41

You can try doing a system restore back to the latest checkpoint
What a beast...
ismellike
Coder

Postby Conor » 04 Jun 2013, 16:43

Warren1001 wrote:I was dumb enough to use a program my friend had found and said it worked, which it did, but apparently, it also shuts down your computer every time you try to start it up.
Like, I'll start my computer, a little blue light comes up when its starting up, and I see the blue light for maybe half a second.
Anybody know of a way to fix?

I have removed the profanity from your topic title, please be wiser with your words next time ;)

That sounds like you're in a pretty bad situation though.

If the power light is displayed only for half a second, then I doubt this is due to a virus. Typically a virus would come into action when you have got past the boot up stage and sometimes after you have logged in as a user. Athough, I could be wrong, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to viruses.

Try to open your computer in safe mode if at all possible and run a scan using Microsoft Security Essentials. If you press F8 on startup repeatedly it might take you to the boot up screen where you can activate safe mode, before it powers off.

If the problem is not due to a virus, it could be a fault with the boot up of the computer, whether that be hardware or software (the operating system), your only option may resort to seeking for professional help or attempting to restore your operating system.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby Warren1001 » 04 Jun 2013, 16:45

Actually, is either that^ or a hardware problem, either way... any guesses?
Warren1001

Postby Conor » 04 Jun 2013, 16:49

If it is a hardware problem then you could take a look at these steps to try and help.

It could also be a problem with your RAM memory. I previously experienced what you're suggesting, except I got a blue screen for about a second, and the problem was a faulty memory chip within my motherboard. Something went wrong with it and I had to have it replaced.

There are probably hundreds of reasons as to why your computer isn't starting up so your best solution would be to talk to the professionals.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby Warren1001 » 04 Jun 2013, 16:50

Well, thinking about it now, I understand it can't be a virus, thats just the first thing that came to mind when I saw that shutdown computer function on the program.

Anyhow, what happens is, theres a small light in the back of my computer that shows when the power cord is plugged in, or the computer is turning on, idk.
When I plug the power cord in, the light turns on. But when I press the power button to turn on the computer (not even a blue light shows this time), the little light in the back turns off. If I hold the power button for a long time, the little light in the back comes back on. I still have the VGA (or whatever it's called, hooks monitor to computer) intact, and it never recieves a signal from the computer. It just stays on sleep mode.

I have come to conclude that it has to be with something inside the computer.
Warren1001

Return to Help