Capture the Flag software

Capture the Flag software

Postby Scabbesr » 19 May 2013, 17:50

I've been searching for quite a long time on how to start a Capture the Flag server.
If anyone can help me, that'd be great.
Scabbesr

Re: Capture the Flag software

Postby toystory_justin » 21 May 2013, 01:38

Currently, We have a Capture the Flag command, but we can't just to get it work meaning it wont work forever/dzienny will work on fixing this, also wanted to host a ctf server off mcdzienny. Some owners of CTF, They use their own Software coded by themself, MCForge, or a closed source CTF software. But for CTF ran by MCForge, They have their own custom command.
toystory_justin

Postby Alshima » 21 May 2013, 02:45

toystory_justin wrote:Currently, We have a Capture the Flag command, but we can't just to get it work meaning it wont work forever/dzienny will work on fixing this, also wanted to host a ctf server off mcdzienny. Some owners of CTF, They use their own Software coded by themself, MCForge, or a closed source CTF software. But for CTF ran by MCForge, They have their own custom command.

Well actually there are some softwares that are perfect for CTF. MCBlend is a software that is good with CTF that uses /gun, but if you know the CTF servers (Jacob's CTF, Wondercraft) use the software 800craft. Jacob's CTF and Wondercraft needed a plugin which I am still looking for. There is this server that uses MCForge and has custom commands that they coded to make a perfect CTF server. Blocktopia most likely made their own server software. This is some information that "could" help you. :D
Alshima

Postby Scabbesr » 21 May 2013, 04:36

Okay, well can you help with this other problem? I'm trying to host a Zombie Survival, and I use the McDzienny
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2
^ That

And I open, and extract. But it won't let me do anything after that. It gives me the consoles, but I can't port-forward because I already have my own Freebuild server, that both use 25565....
Scabbesr

Postby Conor » 22 May 2013, 00:10

Scabbesr wrote:Okay, well can you help with this other problem? I'm trying to host a Zombie Survival, and I use the McDzienny
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2
^ That

And I open, and extract. But it won't let me do anything after that. It gives me the consoles, but I can't port-forward because I already have my own Freebuild server, that both use 25565....

A capture the flag software would be pretty basic to code, in comparison to a complex lava/zombie survival system with all relevant commands.

If you can get the source code to a very early version of MCForge (around v5.0 - v6.0) or the source code to MCLawl, I could help you out with programming.

Although saying that has reminded me that the MCLawl base itself has a fully functional CTF system coded into it, and you could work with that.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby Alshima » 26 May 2013, 06:25

Conor wrote:
Scabbesr wrote:Okay, well can you help with this other problem? I'm trying to host a Zombie Survival, and I use the McDzienny
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2
^ That

A capture the flag software would be pretty basic to code, in comparison to a complex lava/zombie survival system with all relevant commands.

If you can get the source code to a very early version of MCForge (around v5.0 - v6.0) or the source code to MCLawl, I could help you out with programming.

Although saying that has reminded me that the MCLawl base itself has a fully functional CTF system coded into it, and you could work with that.

I have the source code to MCSpart which is based on MCLawl.. Will that also work? :D
Alshima

Postby Conor » 26 May 2013, 12:00

Alshima wrote:
Conor wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2
^ That

I have the source code to MCSpart which is based on MCLawl.. Will that also work? :D

It is hard for me to give an answer as I have never heard of MCSpart. However, providing it is based from MCLawl, it is probably highly likely that the CTF commands are still there.

If not, then of course it is possible to code the capture the flag system from scratch in any software, so yes that is an option for your MCSpart software :)
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby Alshima » 26 May 2013, 16:48

Conor wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2
^ That

Nevermind we dont need MCSpart. I have the source code to MCZall and MCLawl but idk how to put the attachments on...
Alshima

Postby Conor » 27 May 2013, 12:41

You can upload attachments by pressing the 'Upload attachment' button below the box you write your reply in.

If you have the source to MCZall/MCLawl, check that there is probably a CTF mode already in the software.
Conor (Conanza121)
Conor
Coder

Postby Alshima » 01 Jun 2013, 05:54

Conor wrote:You can upload attachments by pressing the 'Upload attachment' button below the box you write your reply in.

If you have the source to MCZall/MCLawl, check that there is probably a CTF mode already in the software.

I'm having a problem uploading the folder, but I have the ctf.cs command for it.
Alshima

Return to Help