Lava Time [LS]

Lava Time [LS]

Postby Digitalwecker » 09 Mar 2013, 11:46

Hey,

is it possible to set several times for each Map?
For example on Map1 the Lava comes after 2 Minutes and the flood ends after 5 minutes and on map2 the lava comes after 8 minutes and the flood ends after 2 minutes.

Greets
[GERMAN] 1,5 LiterFlasche (Lava/Zombie/Freebuild)
Digitalwecker

Re: Lava Time [LS]

Postby kozmik1975 » 09 Mar 2013, 15:14

Yes, it is possible to do this.

<Map name="map1" phase1="0" phase2="0" author="kozmik1975">
<Source block="ahl" x="28" y="29" z="17" type="" delay="0" />
</Map>
<Map name="map2" phase1="8" phase2="9" author="kozmik1975">
<Source block="lava_type_b" x="32" y="63" z="63" type="" delay="0" />
</Map>
<Map name="map3" phase1="6" phase2="8" author="kozmik1975">
<Source block="ahl" x="32" y="21" z="32" type="" delay="0" />
<Source block="ahl" x="32" y="42" z="32" type="" delay="120" />
<Source block="ahl" x="32" y="63" z="32" type="" delay="240" />
</Map>

Ok, above is what you have in your map.txt file in the MCDzienny/lava folder. I have copied two out of mine, and changed the map names to map1 and map2 (will explain map3 further down).

After the map name you can see phase1 and phase2. Phase1 refers to the round time BEFORE the lava starts and Phase2 is how long the lava runs for. The zero uses the default time settings for your server. In my case it is 5 minutes build time, and 6 minute floods. That is what map 1 will do in this example.

In map2 I made phase1 8 mins and the flood time 9 mins which you might do in the case of a bigger map for example.

As an extra bit of info, if you have a big map or just want to try something different, set a few spawns at different levels, working your way up. The 'delay' shown at the end of each Source block line on Map3 is an example of how to do it. The delay is in seconds so the first spawn will start at the beginning of Phase2 (the actual flood start time), keeping in mind that the zero generally means default (as it does in this case). The second spawn will start 2 minutes after the first one (shown as 120 seconds) and the third spawn will start 4 minutes after the first one (shown as 240 seconds).

So Map3 shows a map that will give a player a 6 minute build time and an 8 minute flood that will spawn in 3 layers. This system can also help with lag as the server only needs to flood a portion of the map at a time. In this case the map is divided into thirds, so only a third of the map gets flooded at a time. Hope this has helped.
kozmik1975
Owner of KOZMIK Lava Survival
http://www.kozmiklavasurvival.com/
kozmik1975

Return to Help